WREXHAM'S famous landlord confirms pub reopening following a fire that broke out earlier today.

Wrexham residents were devastated to learn that there had been a blaze in The Turf pub located on Mold Road earlier today.

In a recent update, landlord Wayne Jones took to social media to confirm a fire had occurred in the pub's boiler following an overnight break-in at the pub's marquee.

The fire occurred in the Turf's boiler room. Thankfully, nobody was harmed in the incident but it meant the pub closed temporarily this afternoon.

Wayne has now confirmed the pub will open at 4pm today (November 10) after professionals have been to assess the damage.

On Twitter, Wayne said: "We’ve had a remarkable response. A HUGE thank you to Roger at CPC electrical. Absolute hero.


"We’ve had people in and are legally allowed to trade. We will be open at 4pm. (Somehow) Thank you for the support."

In an initial statement, Wayne said that the pub would remain closed tomorrow for Wrexham to host the Gillingham game.

However, due to the speedy response following the break in and the fire, he has now confirmed the pub will open according to its usual hours.