In April we reported on the ten-year anniversary of the disappearance of Wrexham horse breeder David Clwyd Davies.

The disappearance was said to be “out of character for Mr Davies, who was known as Clwyd.

Wrexham AFC secured their place back in the Football League after a 3-1 win over Boreham Wood saw them crowned National League Champions.

The Leader: After the game, the club’s star co-owners, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, were interviewed by host broadcaster BT Sport.

Asked about his emotions, Ryan said: “One thing that’s running through my head over and over is people said at the beginning ‘why Wrexham?’ - this what’s happening right now is why.”

Following a two-week trial, 25-year-old Jamie Mitchell, of Lexham Green Close, Buckley, was found guilty of murdering Steven Wilkinson.

The Leader: The jury took just under three hours to reach their verdict, with Judge Rhys Rowlands telling Mitchell it had been a “cowardly attack”.

April also marked one year after Russell Marsh of Chevrons Road, Shotton, received a life sentence for the murder of his estranged wife, 27-year-old Jade Ward.

Ms Ward's parents opened up about their ongoing struggle to deal with their loss and urged victims to reach out for help.

The Leader: Residents in Wrexham were pulling out their own teeth after being unable to access dentists, according to the city’s MP.

Sarah Atherton MP said that issues with dentists in Wrexham was ‘nothing new’, amid concerns over the service in North Wales.

About 200 newly-planted trees were vandalised and destroyed in Wrexham.

The trees were planted in Abenbury in January to support the county wide efforts to increase canopy cover and create biodiverse rich habitats for wildlife in urban areas.

The Leader: The parents of a seven-year-old Flintshire boy who died after battling a brain tumour vowed to “keep his memory alive”.

Aaron Wharton died at Hope House Hospice in Ty Gobaith on Sunday, April 9 with parents Nicola and Lee by his side.

Six men involved in the supply of Class A drugs into North Wales were sentenced to a total of more than 36 years in prison.

Of the six men jailed, five were from Wrexham.