There was no Hollywood ending for Wrexham's Executive Director, Humphrey Ker at Blyth Spartans. 

Ker, who has played a key role in Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds's takeover at the Racecourse, made the trip to Blyth to watch the Reds in action in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round. 

However, it turned out to be a bit of a nightmare trip for the club's Executive Director, both on and off the pitch. 

It wasn't the best afternoon for Phil Parkinson's men, in front of the ESPN cameras, as a last-minute equaliser from Michael Richardson cancelled out Tom O'Connor's free-kick to force a replay. 

READ MORE: Wrexham and Blyth draw 1-1 in the FA Cup

The two teams will now face off again on Tuesday evening at the Racecourse. 

Thankfully for Ker, he didn't miss too much of the action after arriving half an hour late. 

However, his travel issues started a long time before kick-off, after his flight from the US was delayed. 

Last night on his Twitter, Ker said: "Delayed flight in Chicago giving me the willies about making my connection to Newcastle tomorrow morning. This is the second plane I switched onto after the first one was delayed. British Airways/American Airlines determined to stop me going to Blyth Spartans vs Wrexham."

READ MORE: Ryan Reynolds sends heartfelt video message to child in need of live-saving treatment

After arriving in the UK late, Ker then missed his flight from London to Newcastle. 

He abandoned his luggage at the airport in London and got on the 10am train to Newcastle. At which point he asked the players not to do anything to exciting, he said: 

READ MORE: Worldwide Reds: Fans from all over the world set to tune in for FA Cup clash

"On the 10am. Going to miss at least the first 20 mins. Nobody do anything fun before I get there. Both teams take it in the corner flag until I arrive."

After arriving in Newcastle just before 1pm, Ker hopped in a taxi before posting a picture from his seat at Croft Park, at 1.42pm. 

The adventure didn't end there though, as once the game finished in a draw, he finished with: "Oh God, the journey continues. To the Racecourse!"

Hopefully, the Reds can make his journey worth it on Tuesday night by getting into the FA Cup first round proper.