ALL good things come to an end.

Wrexham's six game unbeaten start to the National League season was halted as Solihull Moors won 1-0 at Damson Park.

Sam Ricketts saw his side lose for the first time and also saw Wrexham produce their worst performance of the campaign.

The Reds have been solid at the back and have played some entertaining, attacking football in the early weeks but they struggled to make any headway when they got into the Solihull half.

Wrexham weren't at the races, creating very few chances, and a late goal condemned the Reds to a first defeat.

It was a hugely disappointing performance and result but Wrexham can he happy with the strides they have made during a productive August.

A total of 14 points from a possible 21 is a healthy return and although Wrexham surrendered top spot, they remain in a great position and one everyone would have taken after last season's failings.

It is now up to Wrexham to bounce back and hopefully get back to winning ways against Aldershot Town at The Racecourse on Saturday.

Ricketts made four changes from the side that started against Bromley 48 hours earlier

Kevin Roberts returned at full-back in place of the injured James Jennings, while Luke Young took over from Nicky Deverdics in midfield.

The other two changes were in attack with Chris Holroyd, making his first start of the season, and Rekeil Pyle replacing Stuart Beavon and Jordan Maguire-Drew.

Striker Freddie Hinds was also named on the substitutes bench for the first time along with new loan signing Scott Burgess.

There was nothing between the sides as they both cancelled each other out for the early part of the first half.

The first chance fell to Solihull in the 23rd minute, ex-Wrexham striker Danny Wright knocked the ball down for Adi Yussuf who brought a superb save out of Reds goalkeeper Rob Lainton.

Wrexham received a blow when centre-back Manny Smith was forced off injured after 29 minutes and had to be replaced by Doug Tharme, who came on for his second appearance of the season.

Solihull were getting into the better positions and Lainton saved from Yussuf while Wrexham created their first chance six minutes before the break, Luke Summerfield heading wide following Mark Carrington's cross.

Holroyd's effort from Mike Fondop's nod down was easily saved by Moors keeper Ryan Boot and that half chance summed up the opening period with both defences on top.

Jamey Osborne fired wide for Solihull at the start of the second half while Wrexham needed to step up a gear but they were unable to impose themselves in the Moors half.

Holroyd's header from Roberts cross was saved by Boot but Solihull hit back with Wright's effort kept out by Lainton.

Ricketts made his second change on the hour mark with new signing Scott Burgess replacing Summerfield while Maguire-Drew soon came on for Fondop.

Solihull began to put Wrexham under pressure at the hosts took the lead in the 82nd minute.

Liam Daly headed a free-kick down for Alex Gudger who slotted past Lainton.

Eight minutes of added time were given by referee Simeon Lucas but Wrexham hadn't looked like scoring and they suffered a first defeat under Ricketts.