WREXHAM drew 1-1 against Barnet after making a dream start at The Racecourse.

JJ Hooper put Bryan Hughes' side ahead after just three minutes but the lead was shortlived as the Bees quickly equalised.

Although the Reds had chances after being pegged back, they were unable to take any as the 100 per cent home record came to an end.

Hughes named the same side that started the 1-1 draw at Notts County the previous weekend, although there were were two notable changes on the substitutes bench.

Ben Tollitt, who enjoyed a successful loan spell at Wrexham last season whilst with Tranmere, has rejoined the Reds on an initial one month loan deal after finding chances limited at Blackpool and was named among the replacements.

There was also a place on the bench for goalkeeper Rob Lainton who missed the entire pre-season with an ankle injury and made the squad for the first time since the 2019-20 campaign kicked off.

Akil Wright and Dawid Szczepaniak were the players omitted from the squad while Jake Lawlor, who completed a one match ban, was ruled out through injury.

Barnet were quick out of the blocks and Simeon Akinola's shot fell wide but Wrexham went ahead in the third minute.

The ball was worked forward to Hooper who produced a brilliant lob over goalkeeper Scott Loach to register his second goal of the season.

Mark Harris fired into the sidenetting as Wrexham sought to build on their lead but Barnet levelled in the ninth minute.

Jazzi Barnum-Bobb failed to pick up Dan Sparkes who met Jack Taylor's cross and beat Christian Dibble at the far post.

Hooper saw two efforts comfortably saved by Loach who also easily gathered Devonte Redmond's shot which lacked pace.

Harris beat Charlie Rowan in the area and went down but failed to win a penalty while Luke Young's shot was parried by Loach before the midfielder put in a cross that was headed wide by Hooper.

Barnet looked dangerous on the counter attack and Jack Taylor's drive was well saved by Dibble while Michael Chambers was off target for Wrexham with the final chance of the first half.

Wrexham had a good chance early in the second period as Harris' header was blocked from Redmond's cross following a good move and Luke Summerfield fired over the bar.

There was another chance as Harris' drive was turned behind by Loach who then pulled off an unbelievable save to keep out Shaun Pearson's header from Summerfield's corner.

Tollitt replaced Paul Rutherford in the 67th minute but some of Wrexham's play was sloppy and Adams was just off target for Barnet.

Wrexham thought they'd won it but James Jennings' glancing header from Young's corner fell inches wide of the post, and it finished all square.

Wrexham (4-2-3-1): Dibble; Barnum-Bobb, Pearson, Chambers, Jennings; Summerfield (Barton 83), Young; Harris, Redmond (McIntosh 79), Rutherford (Tollitt 67); Hooper. Subs: Lainton, Carrington.

Barnet (3-5-2): Loach; Harry Taylor, Santos, Rowan (Elito 62); Alexander, Dunne, Adams, Jack Taylor (Boucaud 75), Sparkes; Akinola (Mason-Clark 52), Coulthirst. Subs not used: Matrevics, Walker.

Referee: Savvas Yianni.

Attendance: 4,533 (56 from Barnet).