WREXHAM registered a second successive 1-0 home win against Havant and Waterlooville to remain among the National League pacesetters.

Returning striker Rekeil Pyke bagged the only goal as Wrexham, who beat Barnet by the same scoreline the previous weekend, clinched three points to remain fourth in the table.

Sam Ricketts' side missed a number of chances in the first half to put the game beyond the Hawks who made a fight of it after the break, but Wrexham won to maintain their unbeaten record at The Racecourse.

The starting line-up showed two changes from the side that won against Barnet the previous weekend.

Midfielder Luke Young came in for Akil Wright while the fit again Pyke took over from Chris Holroyd, who picked up a hamstring injury in the Bees victory, in attack.

Leading scorer Mike Fondop was suspended so young defender Doug Tharme took his place on the substitutes bench.

Wrexham almost got off to a dream start as Young's ball into the box following a short corner fell for Jordan Maguire-Drew whose shot was tipped onto the bar by goalkeeper Ben Dudzinski.

Maguire-Drew cut inside from the left and struck the crossbar for the second time in the opening 10 minutes as Wrexham continued to press.

The Hawks came more into the game but Wrexham were bright going forward and took the lead after 31 minutes.

Pyke worked his way into the area and fired past Dudzinski, registering his fourth goal of the season and first that wasn't finished with a backheel!

A deflected effort from the lively Maguire-Drew was saved by Dudzinski who did even better to palm Luke Summerfield's free-kick onto the post with Jake Lawlor's follow-up blocked on the line by a defender.

Dudzinski again came to the rescue just before the break to deny Pyke a second goal by tipping his shot over the bar, and it remained 1-0 at the break.

It was a disjointed start to the second half with neither side settling, although Summerfield's effort fell narrowly wide after Maguire-Drew's was upended on the edge of the area.

Andreas Robinson wasn't far away with the Hawks first real chance of the game on 53 minutes while Wrexham countered and Summerfield was too high following Maguire-Drew's run.

Young brought a comfortable save out of Dudzinski who made an even better stop to deny Pyke after a cross dropped to the striker.

Ricketts made his first change in the 76th minute with Paul Rutherford replacing Maguire-Drew, and Wright soon came on for Brad Walker.

The Hawks were putting the pressure on and Josh Huggins headed over from a free-kick while Nicky Deverdics replaced Stuart Beavon in Wrexham's final substitution.

Wrexham held on to secure another home win.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Lainton; Roberts, Lawlor, Pearson, Carrington; Young, Walker (Wright 82), Summerfield; Maguire-Drew (Rutherford 76), Beavon (Deverdics 88), Pyke. Subs not used: Dibble, Tharme.

Havant and Waterlooville (3-5-2): Dudzinski; Cordner, Woodford, Harris (Strugnell 79); Huggins, Andreas Robinson, Stock, Lewis (Cosgrave 72), Tarbuck; Sekajja (Pavey 72), Kabamba. Subs not used: Rose, Paul Robinson.

Referee: Simon Mather.

Attendance: 4,323 (40 from Havant and Waterlooville).