SECOND half goals from strikers Leighton McIntosh and Jason Oswell earned Wrexham a 2-0 win against Curzon Ashton at The Tameside Stadium.

Manager Bryan Hughes, who only made one substitution during Wednesday's 3-1 defeat to Stoke City, said players who didn't feature against the Championship side would be involved at Curzon and the Reds' boss was true to his word.

Only goalkeeper Christian Dibble kept his place as Hughes made 10 changes to the starting XI for Wrexham's penultimate pre-season friendly.

Curzon almost took an eighth minute lead as Michael Elstone clipped the top of the Wrexham crossbar with an effort from outside the area.

Wrexham responded with 16-year-old Pat Jones, a first year scholar given his chance with the senior side, going close with a curling shot and Bobby Beaumont's header from Luke Young's corner was comfortably saved by keeper Cameron Mason.

Back came Curzon and former Wrexham captain Rob Evans' goalbound drive was blocked by Doug Tharme.

Mark Carrington wasn't far away from opening the scoring after getting on the end of McIntosh's cross and Oswell got a touch to Luke Young free-kick but the ball dropped wide.

But Wrexham came even closer to breaking the deadlock four minutes before the break as McIntosh brought two saves out of Mason in quick succession, although he could have passed to a well-placed team-mate instead of going for goal.

Evans had a low drive saved by Dibble at the start of the second half for the hosts but Wrexham took the lead after 53 minutes.

Young was brought down in the area by Moussa Samassa and McIntosh converted the resulting penalty.

McIntosh headed wide from substitute Mark Harris' cross as Wrexham pressed for a second goal and the striker was off target with another attempt on goal.

But Wrexham made it 2-0 in the 85th minute.

Harris' shot was parried by substitute keeper Liam Lovell and Oswell put the loose ball away to secure victory.

Curzon Ashton (4-3-3): Mason (Lovell 83); Cooke (Wallen 69), Samassa, Shaw, Askew (Sloan 46); Merrill (Worrall 62), Wroe (Butterworth 72), Evans; Mantack, Elstone (Sinclair 62), Banister.

Wrexham (4-1-4-1): Dibble (Szczepaniak 53); Carrington, Beaumont, Tharme, Thorn; Sargent; Jones, Young, Redmond (Harris 68), McIntosh; Oswell. Subs not used: Jennings, Pearson, Lawlor, Summerfield, Grant, Rutherford.

Referee: Tom Parsons.