WREXHAM began their pre-season programme with a 4-0 win over Cefn Druids at The Rock.

Summer signings Devante Redmond and JJ Hooper (2) had Bryan Hughes' side 3-0 up inside 22 minutes.

It was an entirely different Reds team for the second half and Akil Wright's header completed victory.

Druids had the first sight of goal in the second minute but Charlie Edge's free-kick was comfortably saved by Christian Dibble.

Wrexham responded with the trialist right-back's cross just beyond Redmond.

Bobby Grant was thwarted by keeper Nic Bulmer after meeting Paul Rutherford's centre but Wrexham made the breakthrough after 10 minutes.

Hooper put Redmond through on goal and the midfielder slotted past Bulmer.

Wrexham went straight back on the attack and Hooper fired wide following Grant's run into the area but the second goal arrived in the 18th minute.

Hooper raced onto Redmond's through-ball and was brought down by Aaron Simpson in the area but the striker picked himself up and converted the resulting penalty.

It quickly became 3-0 as James Jennings' cross to the far post was headed home by Hooper for his second goal of the afternoon.

Druids had a chance to reduce the deficit but ex-Wrexham left-back Neil Ashton headed wide from Ryan Kershaw's free-kick.

Hooper fired into the side-netting at the other end while Edge was off target for Druids who came very close to pulling a goal back but Kershaw's shot was brilliantly saved by Dibble.

The back-pedalling Dibble was on hand to deny trialist A while Grant's weak effort was comfortably gathered by Bulmer and Harris' volley struck the post as Wrexham kept probing.

Druids hadn't thrown in the towel and Dibble was on had to make another vital block to thwart Rittenburg and it remained 3-0 at the break.

It was all change for the second half and a more youthful Wrexham side saw one of their more experienced players, Luke Young, unable to keep a shot down.

Wrexham's trialist goalkeeper made a superb save to deny Matty Owen while the Reds responded with their trialist striker forcing Michael Jones, a former Racecourse player, into a smart stop.

But the fourth goal arrived in the 65th minute as Wright found the net with a header from Young's corner.

Rittenburg brought another save out of Wrexham's trialist goalkeeper while Young's free-kick was saved by Jones at the other end, but it finished 4-0 to the visitors.

Cefn Druids first half (4-2-3-1): Bulmer; Cartwright, Simpson, Ashton, Arsan; Kershaw, trialist A; Hughes, Rittenburg, Edge; Owen

Second half (4-2-3-1): Jones; Cartwright, Peate, Simpson, Trialist C; Trialist B, Owen; Daykin, Rittenburg, Edge; Trialist D.

Wrexham first half (4-3-3): Dibble; Trialist A, Beaumont, Pearson, Jennings; Rutherford, Sargent, Redmond; Grant, Hooper, Harris.

Second half (4-3-3): Trialist D; Carrington, Tharme, Cleworth, Thorn; Daley, Young, Wright; Trialist E, McIntosh, McGregor.

Referee: Tom Owen.

Attendance: 1,222.