WREXHAM made it back-to-back promotions for the first time in the club's history after thrashing Forest Green Rovers 6-0 at The Racecourse.

Phil Parkinson's men are guaranteed a top-three finish in League Two with two games to go after securing a third successive win, and promotion rivals MK Dons and Barrow dropped points in their games against Mansfield Town and Gillingham respectively.

With their destiny in their own hands, Wrexham just needed to take care of their own business and they certainly did following an outstanding first half performance when they built up a 4-0 lead.

Elliot Lee, Paul Mullin (2) and a Ryan Inniss own goal following Eoghan O'Connell's deflected effort had the Reds well in charge at the break.

There was no let-up in the second half and Ryan Barnett, with a stunning volley, and Jack Marriott - on target for the first time since joining Wrexham in the January transfer window - got on the scoresheet to complete a comfortable victory which keeps the Reds second in the table.

And automatic promotion was guaranteed after Mansfield won 4-1 at MK Dons and Barrow lost 3-0 against Gillingham.

Wrexham, crowned National League champions following a record-breaking 2022-23 campaign, can now look forward to playing in League One next season.

It was no surprise to see Parkinson name an unchanged starting XI after Wrexham beat Crawley Town 4-1 in midweek to edge closer to automatic promotion.

Wrexham made a lively start and after winning the first corner of the game, Max Cleworth was unable to direct his header on target from Tom O'Connor's delivery.

The Reds were in the ascendancy without creating any clear cut chances but that quickly changed when they took the lead in the 17th minute.

Another O'Connor corner was only headed out to Mullin whose shot was cleared off the line, O'Connell's follow-up was also blocked but Lee was on hand to fire home from close range.

Mullin fired wide with another effort from long range but it got even better six minutes later as Wrexham went 2-0 up.

Lee drove forward and played in James McClean who crossed to the back post where Mullin found the back of the net with a downward header.

Wrexham were well on top and they scored a third goal on 33 minutes.

Andy Cannon sent in a low cross and O'Connell's drive from the edge of the box took a deflection off Ryan Inniss and beat goalkeeper Vicente Reyes.

The Reds came close to scoring again when Lee raced onto Tom O'Connor's brilliant pass and saw his effort parried by Reyes who did well to prevent the ball from squirming into the net.

But Wrexham went 4-0 up one behind before the break.

O'Connor's corner was only cleared as far as Mullin whose shot from the edge of the area deflected into the net.

Ryan Barnett also fired wide but Wrexham were coasting to victory at the break.

Mullin saw a shot blocked in the area at the start of the second half and had another attempt comfortably saved by Reyes as Wrexham continued to press for more goals.

But Wrexham made it 5-0 in the 63rd minute.

McClean sent in a cross from the by-line and Barnett found the net with a stunning volley.

There was no let-up from Wrexham as Lee's curling effort fell wide but the Reds went 6-0 up after 84 minutes.

McClean got to the by-line and delivered a low cross which was turned home by Marriott.

That was job done and the fans poured onto the pitch following the final whistle to celebrate a second successive promotion.

Wrexham (5-3-2): Okonkwo; Barnett (Bolton 82), Cleworth, O'Connell, O'Connor, McClean; Cannon (Davies 71), Evans, Lee; Mullin (Marriott 82), Palmer (Fletcher 71). Subs not used: Howard, Tozer, McFadzean.

Forest Green Rovers (5-3-2): Reyes; Dabo (Bernard 80), Inniss, Keogh, Moore-Taylor, Robson (Thompson 80); Osadebe (Maddox 80), Jones (Bunker 82), McCann; Garrick (McAllister 80), Doidge. Subs not used: Searle, Omotoye.

Attendance: 11,450 (375 from Forest Green).