IT’S all geared up for a pivotal clash next up.

Mold will head to Llangefni in a vital relegation encounter on Saturday knowing a win will secure their Division One North status.

They will head into the encounter following a 36-8 home reverse at the hands of champions Nant Conwy, who made it 20 wins from 20 matches for the campaign.

Caine Le Tissier bagged Mold’s try and Jack Lawrence kicked a penalty.

Mold remain four points clear of the bottom-two as Llangefni were defeated 31-0 at Ruthin, while Wrexham revamped their top-five aims via a notable 21-14 outcome at home to second-placed Pwllheli.

The Gwynedd side came out of the blocks early and a converted try had them 7-0 up inside the opening 10 minutes.

Wrexham responded in terrific fashion thanks to Armani Roberts’ 13th minute try and Jack Jones’ conversion levelled things up.

The home side would take a lead into the interval as Rob Massam claimed a 34th minute try and Jones was on the money once again with the conversion.

Wrexham stretched their advantage with a quarter-of-an-hour remaining as Gareth Parry crossed the whitewash and Jones kicked his third successful conversion.

A converted try did give Pwllheli a losing bonus point, but Wrexham made sure of their 10th victory of the season to move above Bethesda and into fifth position.

Caernarfon eased to a 60-0 success over bottom side Dolgellau and Llandudno strengthened their claims for a runners-up finish as they defeated Bala 24-7.

Colwyn Bay’s hopes of a top-two finish in Division Two North were ended by a 17-17 draw at home to Newtown.

Bro Ffestiniog boosted their battle versus relegation courtesy of a 14-0 triumph over Abergele, while in Division Three North East, Mold Seconds got the better of Flint 50-14.

Sean Hughes and Richard Hopkins each secured a hat-trick of tries for Mold.

Llangollen-based Bro Gwernant were beaten 28-0 at undefeated leaders Machynlleth and Ruthin Seconds pipped Llanidloes 26-25.

RGC remain in the bottom-two in the Welsh Premiership following their 30-16 loss at Pontypool.

Harri Ford crossed for RGC’s try, which was converted by Dion Jones and he also kicked three penalties on the day.

Head coach Ceri Jones told the RGC website: “I thought the first half was a good game with both sides looking to play and that just didn’t happen second half.

“It was stop-start with the injury and the refereeing around the breakdown which just slowed everything up.

“We tried to use the wind to our advantage first half and get the ball behind them, but we didn’t take advantage or capitalise.

“You can’t fault the endeavour of the players and we fronted up with Emyr Jones coming on early to make is debut.”