A VICTORY with a bonus point was Mold’s target over the weekend and they managed to successfully achieve both of their aims.

They climbed out of the Division One North relegation zone thanks to a comfortable 29-3 success at home to basement side Dolgellau.

The star of the show was Elfyn Davies with a hat-trick of tries, while Caine Le Tissier and Nick Hughes also crossed the whitewash. Hughes and Owen Williams kicked a conversion apiece.

Now in the relegation zone are Llangefni, despite their 26-13 triumph over Caernarfon.

Mold will travel to Llangefni on April 13 for what could well turn out to be a relegation decider.

With five matches left to play in their quest to beat the drop, Mold must face title favourites Nant Conwy twice over the coming few weeks, which is sure to make the Llangefni trip an even more vital encounter.

It was always going to be a tough task for Wrexham in their home clash with champions-elect Nant Conwy.

Demonstrating their dominance in the division, Nant ran out 56-10 winners to make it 18 triumphs from 18 matches this season.

Jack Jones’ eighth minute penalty did nudge Wrexham into the lead, but Nant responded with three unanswered tries to establish a 22-3 advantage at the break.

The leaders didn’t relinquish their grip on the contest after this and they secured a further five tries in the second period.

Wrexham’s bright spot came courtesy of Rhys Davies’ 62nd minute try, which was converted by Jones.

Elsewhere, Llandudno defeated COBRA 21-10, Pwllheli won 29-21 at Bethesda and Ruthin pipped Bala 18-17.

Denbigh are the Division Two North champions after their 45-21 win over Newtown.

Shotton Steel climbed out of the bottom-two via a 25-10 success over Bro Ffestiniog.

Nant Conwy Seconds remain second thanks to a 29-10 outcome at Rhyl & District, while Welshpool defeated Bangor 22-5.

Turning to Division Three North East and Wrexham Seconds claimed a 30-16 win from their trip to Denbigh Seconds.

Flint played out a 26-26 draw away to Bala Seconds and leaders Machynlleth’s 100 per cent winning record was preserved by a 39-21 outcome at second-placed COBRA Seconds.

RGC hauled themselves out of the bottom-two in the Premiership with a fine 20-15 success away to Carmarthen Quins.

Crucial to the outcome was a first half of clinical finishing and strong defence, which gave RGC a 20-point lead.

Sam Earl-Jones’ penalty had the visitors ahead in the second minute and two tries in the space of two minutes midway through the half had the North Walians in control.

The first came from Sam Stoddard after Earl-Jones carved up the field with a break.

This was swiftly followed by Afon Bagshaw’s first try of the season, after Delwyn Jones intercepted in his own 22.

Earl-Jones converted both tries and he also kicked a drop goal.

Head coach Ceri Jones told the RGC website: “Credit to the players for that win, after last week we wanted a reaction and we got it.

“You can see how much that jersey and playing for RGC means to those players and I’m pleased for them. To a man we defended well, the back row put in some big tackles and didn’t stop.”

Other results: Aberavon 31 Merthyr 33; Bridgend 32 Neath 23; Newport 28 Cardiff 14; Swansea 22 Pontypridd 30; Pontypool 26 Llandovery 48.