WHAT a thrilling conclusion to the Division One North season appears to be in store.

While Nant Conwy look to have the title safely in the bag, the battle to beat relegation appears likely to go the distance.

Mold, who are situated in the bottom two, boosted their survival hopes with a crucial 13-10 success at Bala.

Andrew Cowling grabbed Mold’s solitary try, while Seth Geary kicked a conversion and two penalties to seal the deal.

This win means that Mold are now just a point from safety with six matches left to play.

If it’s drama you want, look no further than Wrexham!

In their previous run-out, Wrexham recovered from a 15-0 deficit to defeat Llangefni by a point and it was a similar story in Saturday’s 30-29 success over Bethesda.

The Gwynedd side raced into a 10-point lead inside the opening six minutes and Wrexham hit back with Luke Thornhill’s try, converted by Jack Jones.

Rob Massam’s 18th minute try nudged the hosts into the lead and the advantage was extended by Jones’ penalty.

Former North Wales Crusaders star Massam claimed his second try after half-an-hour and Jones’ conversion had Wrexham a comfortable 12 points clear.

Bethesda forced a major turnaround, though, and three tries without reply had them 29-22 ahead with half-an-hour left.

Jones’ try cut the deficit with 13 minutes remaining and the same player kicked a last minute penalty to confirm Wrexham’s thrilling triumph, which moved them to within a point of the top-five.

Leaders Nant Conwy thrashed bottom side Dolgellau 94-0, while Llandudno eased to a 48-17 success at Caernarfon and COBRA defeated Ruthin 33-3.

Shotton Steel stunned Division Two North title chasers Colwyn Bay in a 12-11 outcome.

Other results: Abergele 17 Denbigh 24; Bangor 29 Nant Conwy 2nds 47; Rhyl & District 15 Welshpool 18.

In Division Three North East, Mold Seconds got the better of their Bala counterparts 37-7.

Rhosllanerchrugog suffered a 43-3 reverse at the hands of COBRA Seconds.

Meanwhile, in the semi-finals of the Welsh Division Five Cup, Ruthin Seconds lost out 41-10 versus Seven Sisters.

There was Welsh Premiership disappointment for RGC with their 17-15 loss at home to basement side Neath.

RGC failed to keep hold of the ball and repeatedly gave away possession in key positions, which cost them dearly.

Gareth Parry and Delwyn Jones grabbed the home tries, as Dion Jones kicked a penalty and conversion.

Head coach Ceri Jones told the RGC website: “Today’s defeat wasn’t down to the last kick of the game, it was down to our errors and the fact we didn’t respect the ball and take our chances.

“I will take responsibility for the defeat and I made a couple of calls that, looking back, didn’t work as well as expected. We spent a huge amount of time in their 22, but we weren’t accurate, and it cost us. Handling errors, keeping the ball and controlling the phases let us down greatly and we just gave them the ball back far too easily.”

RGC are now in the bottom two after Carmarthen Quins thrashed Aberavon 56-17.