PHIL PARKINSON rued missed chances after Wrexham lost 1-0 to Bradford City and ended a run of 51 successive league games of scoring at The Racecourse.

The Bantams snatched a 90th minute winner through Andy Cook, who moments earlier had a penalty saved by goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo, as the Reds suffered a fourth successive defeat in all competitions.

It was the third League Two reverse in a row and leaves fifth placed Wrexham nine points behind leaders Stockport County with a game in hand while the Reds have also played less matches than the other three sides above them.

Wrexham had an off-day in front of goal at home but Parkinson felt his players did everything asked of them but find the back of the net.

"We worked on how we felt we needed to play but the most important thing was getting that intensity in our game," said the Reds' boss.

"I thought we were very much on the front foot all over the pitch, first half in particular.

"We pinned them in and some of the quality of the play was really good.

"But football is about putting the ball in the back of the net and it's very rare for us at home - I think it has happened one other time where we haven't scored.

"But when you have had a few defeats and things are going a bit against you, that can happen but I can't fault the lads for the way they have gone about their business in training and today.

"We would love to have won the game and I think we deserved to but one moment at the end has proved decisive.

"I can live with a defeat when the lads have put into practice what we have asked them to do, and I felt they did that.

"If we lose a game and I don't feel we have performed to the level of the expectation of this club then that is harder to take.

"But the lads gave everything and we just lacked that final pass or that moment of inspiration."

Bradford were awarded a 82nd minute penalty when Aaron Hayden was adjudged to have fouled Cook in the area.

Parkinson felt referee Ben Speedie made the wrong decision but he hailed Okonkwo for saving the resulting spot-kick taken by the striker.

"I am pleased for Arthur," added the Reds' boss.

"I had a good chat with him in the week and he is learning as a goalkeeper, that's why he is at the club.

"He is developing all the time and he put in a good performance.

"I didn't think it was a penalty, I have watched it back.

"The same referee gave a penalty against Aaron Hayden in the cup game which wasn't a penalty.

"This was never a penalty, the ball was in the goalkeeper's hands and there was practically no contact but Arthur saved it anyway."