WREXHAM suffered a fourth successive defeat in all competitions as Bradford triumphed 1-0 after scoring a 90th minute winner at The Racecourse.

The third League Two losses in a row during the barren spell meant Phil Parkinson's men dropped to fifth in the table, now nine points behind leaders Stockport County with a game in hand.

The previous three defeats were all away but there was no home comforts for Wrexham on their first Racecourse outing for four weeks.

There are 17 matches remaining in the push for promotion and the Reds need to get back on track as soon as possible following the poor run of form.

Parkinson made two changes from the side that started the 3-1 defeat at Salford the previous weekend.

Eoghan O'Connell replaced Jordan Tunnicliffe in defence while Steven Fletcher took over from Sam Dalby, who scored the Reds' goal at The Peninsula Stadium, in attack.

Luke Bolton and Jack Marriott, the two new signings on transfer deadline day, came off the bench against the Ammies late in the game and were again named among the substitutes.

Wrexham made a bright start and had a first opportunity when Aaron Hayden was unable to direct his header goalwards from Ryan Barnett's cross.

Calum Kavanagh's low drive was tipped behind by Arthur Okonkwo at the other end but Bradford goalkeeper Sam Walker made an even better save when he palmed away Fletcher's header after the striker met Paul Mullin's cross.

Andy Cannon's long range effort was just over the bar as Wrexham continued to press and Barnett played a one-two with Mullin before the wing-back unleashed a shot which was parried by Walker.

There was another chance when James McClean whipped in a free-kick and Hayden headed narrowly wide while Mullin felt he should have been awarded a penalty after he was fouled in the area and Fletcher's header from Barnett's cross was comfortably saved by Walker.

Wrexham were well on top and McClean's drive was parried by Walker while Bradford responded with Alex Gilliead bringing a routine save out of Okonkwo and it remained goalless at the break.

Bradford had the first opportunity in the second half when Jonathan Tomkinson's header from a free-kick was claimed by Okonkwo while a good Bantams move ended with Kavanagh firing over the bar with only the Reds' goalkeeper to beat but the flag was up for offside.

There was a huge chance for Wrexham following patient build-up play when Elliot Lee headed inches wide from Barnett's cross and Fletcher also brought an easy save out of Walker.

However, Bradford were awarded a penalty with eight minutes to go when Andy Cook was pulled back in the area by Hayden but Okonkwo made a brilliant block with his legs to keep out the striker's spot-kick.

It was a let-off for Wrexham but Bradford made it 1-0 in the 90th minute.

Cook wriggled free in the area and although his first effort was saved by Okonkwo, he scored with his follow-up and Wrexham suffered another loss.

Wrexham (5-3-2): Okonkwo; Barnett (Bolton 69), Hayden, Tozer, O'Connell, McClean (Mendy 87); Cannon (Jones 80), Evans, Lee; Mullin (Marriott 80), Fletcher (Dalby 69). Subs not used: Howard, Cleworth.

Bradford City (3-4-3): Walker; Tomkinson, Platt, Kelly; Halliday, Smallwood, Gillead, Richards (McDonald 41); Chapman (Odour 64, Stubbs 90)), Cook, Kavanagh (Young 64). Subs not used: Doyle, Smith, Pointon.

Attendance: 12,447 (1,153 from Bradford).