CONNAH’S QUAY NOMADS have been at sixes and sevens!

Neil Gibson’s charges were in terrific form to thrash Barry Town United 7-0 and this thumping victory makes sure Nomads will be in the top-six come the mid-season split.

It completed a fine week for Quay, who also triumphed 3-2 at Colwyn Bay in midweek to cement their second-placed position in the table.

Manager Gibson told the club’s YouTube channel: “Two different types of performances.

“Two different types of victories, but both types are as pleasing as each other, really.

“We’ve been playing a lot like that most of the season and I was saying to the players, the way that we’ve played today isn’t any better or worse than the way we played against Cardiff Met away and the way we played against Haverfordwest at times, but the difference about taking our chances in the final third and being more clinical and keeping the door shut here.

“I mean, there’s a pivotal moment at 0-0 where Firthy (Andy Firth) makes a great save and then we go on and play in the manner that we did and win the game resoundingly and thoroughly deserved.”

Two own goals didn’t add to Barry’s cause, while Jack Kenny, Harry Franklin, Ryan Harrington, Jordan Davies and Michael Wilde all found the target for red-hot Nomads.

It was a special day for Wilde, who scored his 100th goal for the Nomads, while expert creator Declan Poole made it five assists for the week.

Gibson added: “It’s completely different to the way we approached the game against Colwyn Bay, but both ways are going to be needed between now and the end of the season and a really pleasing four days of work.”

Nomads are now six points adrift of leaders The New Saints, whose match at Haverfordwest was postponed.

Newtown are within sight of cementing their top-six berth following a 4-2 victory at home to Colwyn Bay.

Matty Hill and Udi Akpan had the Seagulls 2-1 up at the interval, but Ryan Sears, Aaron Williams (2) and Louis Robles made sure of things for the Robins.

Boss Steve Evans told Colwyn Bay’s YouTube channel: “I thought we were excellent that first half.

“Second half, we just didn’t come out. Credit to them, they put us under a lot of pressure, pressing us, but we didn’t show that courage we showed first half to really go and pass the ball and play.

“We got ourselves in front and we almost panicked, which... we can’t do.

“I want them to go and be braver. I want them to go and have courage and go and play.”

Early birds Bala Town made sure of a 2-0 victory during their trip to Penybont.

All of the damage was done by Colin Caton’s side in the opening 12 minutes.

Paulo Mendes opened the scoring in the fourth minute, before Aeron Edwards doubled the Lakesiders’ advantage.

Zack Clarke and Sion Bradley were on target as Caernarfon Town picked up a 2-1 win at Pontypridd United and Cardiff Met got the better of Aberystwyth Town by a 4-2 margin.