NARROW defeats are becoming a feature for Wrexham, but their latest loss will be a bitter one to take.

Wrexham took Division One North title chasers Llandudno the distance before being pipped 20-18 in a thriller.

Indeed, it was Wrexham who looked to be on course to claim only their second league win since securing promotion, but an unconverted try in the last minute won it for second-placed Llandudno.

The home side claimed a dream start with a try after only two minutes, but Wrexham responded in terrific fashion to take a healthy 15-5 advantage into the interval.

Armani Roberts’ 11th minute penalty had the away side up-and-running, before Olly Dodd’s unconverted try gave Wrexham the lead after 26 minutes.

Ten minutes later and things got even better for Wrexham courtesy of Dodd’s second try, which this time was converted by Roberts.

Llandudno cut their deficit to five points with an unconverted try eight minutes into the second half and they repeated the trick seven minutes later to level things up at 15-15.

Roberts’ successful penalty nudged Wrexham back ahead two minutes from time and a famous win looked like it was assured.

The final word went to Llandudno, though, with their fourth unconverted try right at the end.

Despite the heavy rain caused by Storm Ciaran, there was a full schedule of matches in Division One.

Mold suffered a 41-15 loss in their home clash with Caernarfon.

Luke Williams and Sean Hughes crossed for the home tries, while Jack Lawrence kicked a penalty and conversion.

It’s now seven wins out of seven for leaders Nant Conwy, who defeated Bala 50-9, while Ruthin were edged out 8-5 by Pwllheli.

Bethesda prevailed 22-16 at Llangefni and there was a 36-16 success for COBRA at Dolgellau.

Shotton Steel’s scheduled Division Two contest at Colwyn Bay was postponed.

Leaders Denbigh maintained their unbeaten record with a hard-fought 26-19 triumph over Nant Conwy Seconds and it was also close as Rhyl & District got the better of Abergele 16-14.

Newtown won 23-14 at Bangor and Welshpool eased to a 37-21 outcome over Bro Ffestiniog.

There was a derby triumph for Wrexham Seconds, who defeated Rhosllanerchrugog 14-7 in Division Three North East.

Flint lost out 38-17 at leaders COBRA Seconds, while Llangollen-based Bro Gwernant triumphed 38-20 at Denbigh Seconds.

Mold Seconds were defeated 28-17 at Llanidloes.

Jack Pearson grabbed a try for Mold, who also benefited from a penalty try.

Dan Williams kicked a penalty and conversion.

RGC’s Welsh Premiership contest at Neath was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Other results: Bridgend 13 Llandovery 36; Merthyr 29 Swansea 21.