CO-CHAIRMEN Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney were in attendance as Wrexham beat York City 3-0 at The Racecourse to remain in pole position for the National League title.

The Hollywood stars saw goalkeeper Ben Foster, who has came out of retirement to join the Reds for a second spell, keep a clean sheet on his return to the club as Wrexham extended the unbeaten league run to 27 games.

An own goal four minutes before the break gave Wrexham a deserved lead after bossing the first half and substitute Sam Dalby made sure of victory after the interval before Elliot Lee struck in stoppage time.

Phil Parkinson's men remain three points ahead of Notts County, who won against Scunthorpe, with a game in hand.

Wrexham have seven matches left in a quest to secure a return to the Football League, starting with the home clash against Oldham Athletic next Saturday.

Parkinson made two changes from the side that started the 2-1 win against Bromley the previous weekend.

Foster replaced Lainton and Elliot Lee, absent at Hayes Lane due to illness, came back into the team in place of Jordan Davies who dropped to the substitutes bench.

Wrexham had the first chance in the third minute when James Jones played in Paul Mullin who was unable to hit the target with only goalkeeper Ryan Whitely to beat

A first catch of the game by former England international Foster was greeted with loud applause by the Wrexham fans and they saw their team create more opportunities at the other end.

Ryan Barnett went on a great run into the area before pulling the ball back for Ollie Palmer whose effort was blocked by a defender, and Barnett drove through the middle before unleashing a shot that struck the post.

It was all Wrexham and Mullin headed wide from close range following James Jones' cross after good work by Barnett, and Lee fired over from a good position.

Barnett made a lively start to the game and a cross was headed wide by opposite wing-back Jacob Mendy but after a quiet spell, Wrexham took the lead in the 41st minute.

Jones unleashed a powerful 25-yard drive that hit the crossbar and struck Whitley who attempted to gather the ball before it crossed the line but referee Dean Watson awarded a goal.

Mullin saw an effort parried by Whitley at the start of the second half while York had a rare sight of goal following a counter attack when Ryan Fallowfield's low drive was well saved by Foster.

Foster did even better to get down low to palm away Mitch Hancox's shot while Wrexham, needing a second goal to kill the game off, saw Lee's corner headed back by Mullin and Jordan Tunnicliffe's header was comfortably saved by Whitley.

But the Reds made it 2-0 10 minutes from time with substitute Dalby heading home from Ben Tozer's long throw-in.

It got even better in added time when Wrexham scored a third goal.

Lee was put through on goal and he slotted past Whitley to secure a good afternoon in the race for automatic promotion.

Wrexham (5-3-2): Foster; Barnett, O'Connell, Tozer, Tunnicliffe, Mendy; Jones, Cannon, Lee; Mullin (Davies 86), Palmer (Dalby 71). Subs not used: Howard, McFadzean, Cleworth.

York City (5-3-2): Whitley; Fallowfield, Duckworth, Ellis, Crookes, Hurst; Dyson, Hancox (Forde 74), Pybus (McLaughlin 60); Rowe (Kouhyar 74), John-Lewis. Subs not used: Campbell, Kouogun.

Attendance: 10,161 (1,000 from York).