IT'S been an up and down week for the club in many respects.

The first 45 minutes against Aldershot was probably our most complete performance of the season. Aldershot have had their struggles this season but you can only play what's in front of you and the team came flying out of traps and went in at half time disappointed to only be two up.

Then there was obviously the frustration with the abandonment. It's been covered exhaustively elsewhere, so I will merely say that we will go down there again and get the three points when the match is rearranged.

We then had the huge game back here at The Racecourse against Chesterfield in front of 9,147 supporters which is an absolutely unbelievable crowd for the National League, and a midweek league game record for Wrexham stretching back to 1979.

I spoke with some of the Chesterfield directors and they were in awe at the capacity that we have here to attract fans and whilst the performance on the field was not what any of us at the club would have wanted, and we came away very grateful for a draw in the end, I thought the performance in the stands was sensational.

When we struggled for the first 75 minutes, our early flurry notwithstanding, the crowd never gave up on the players.

Every throw-in, every tackle, every header won was cheered and applauded by all three sides of the ground.

A huge crowd and huge expectation can sometimes be a weight around the neck of teams but I didn't think there was a bit of that.

That has been really characteristic of our home games so far and all the players I've spoken to have mentioned that.

I spoke to Jordan Davies before the game and he said what a boost it is that when the chips are down, the players know the fans have got their back.

We have all been at games around the country where we've seen the home crowd get on their players' backs because the expectations aren't met, and how that can then become a millstone around the neck.

I really think the credit for the equaliser goes to three separate arms of our club; the big throw-in from Ben Tozer, the header from Paul Mullin and then the voices of everybody in the stands because they drove the team to keep fighting.

The game against Chesterfield was the last outing for our current pitch.

At one point their left-back was replacing a huge chunk of the turf, with about 30 seconds left. It was very polite of him of course, but possibly unnecessary for a pitch that is due to be dug up on Sunday.

Next up is Marine in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round. Last year Marine made waves playing Tottenham in the third round of the cup and launched an innovative scheme to sell virtual tickets to recoup the gate losses they incurred thanks to Covid.

I bought one of those tickets to help support them and I now, of course, bitterly regret supporting our opposition. I just wanted to declare that so I don't get hauled over the coals by The Leader's investigative journalists in the future. Looking forward to launching our cup campaign and making the trip up to Marine on October 16.

Our first Powerchair Football session was a huge success. Kerry Evans, our DLO, has said that all the attendees from last Friday's session have said they'll return this week and she has had double the number of enquiries this week.

The sessions are every Friday night at Glyndwr University Sports Hall, so if you are interested, get in touch with

See you at Marine. #COYR