WREXHAM managed to maintain their unbeaten home record but Ben Tozer is not happy with how the Reds have played at The Racecourse this season.

Phil Parkinson’s side have picked up two wins and two draws from four matches so far this term at the iconic north Wales stadium.

Chesterfield were the visitors on Tuesday night and Wrexham were heading for their first home defeat after producing a below par performance, with the Spireites taking a sixth minute lead, but top scorer Paul Mullin scored a late equaliser to salvage a point.

Having seen Wrexham previously play well in the first half of games which they won 1-0 against Woking and Dagenham before being put under the cosh after the break, Tozer admits the Reds have been far from convincing on their own patch.

“I am a bit of a perfectionist and sometimes at half-time, I don’t want to be moaning and negative but I just feel that we have got more and can be better,” said Tozer.

“I have not come from a home game happy yet with the final score.

“Sometimes at half-time, yes, but at full-time, even though we have won two and drawn two which is great, we have not managed the game and managed the crowd well enough so it is a bit frustrating.”

Despite making a bright start against Chesterfield, Wrexham were second best until the late rally led to Mullin levelling.

Newly appointed club captain Tozer felt his side made life difficult for themselves and could have made better use of the ball.

“It was a struggle,” said Tozer. “The wind was a little bit unpredictable but we have got to be braver on the ball.

“I was trying to shout first half, ‘be brave, be brave’, because if a team comes with a full press like that, you have to be brave to break the press.

“It is going to go wrong sometimes but if you keep letting them think that they have got the press on, they will keep getting away with it, keep doing it and it is going to be the same result.”

Saturday’s game against Aldershot was abandoned after 50 minutes because of a waterlogged pitch at The Recreation Ground.

Wrexham were leading 2-0 and Tozer, who was stretchered off with a suspected broken leg but passed fit to face Chesterfield after x-rays showed there was no damage, said: “Sub-consciously, maybe there was the frustration from Saturday.

“Things like Saturday are going to happen and you just have to get on with it.”