WREXHAM crashed out of the FA Cup after losing 4-0 against Solihull Moors in their fourth round qualifying tie at Damson Park.

It was the Reds' third successive defeat as their cup campaign ended before it began.

Dean Keates' side are leaking goals at an alarming rate and have now conceded eight times in the last two defeats, and they created very little against Moors.

The starting XI showed three changes from the side that lost 4-3 at Wealdstone the previous weekend.

Keates named the same back four for the opening five games but he decided to make a switch to his back four with James Horsfield coming in for his first start of the campaign at right-back in place of Reece Hall-Johnson who dropped to the bench.

The other two changes saw Jordan Davies and Dan Jarvis - also starting for the first time this season - replace Paul Rutherford, who missed out through injury, and Kwame Thomas as Wrexham switched to a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Thomas was named on the bench where Keates was only able to name four substitutes because of injury and unable to call-up up any youth team players due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Wrexham made a bright start and Elliott Durrell shot wide following neat build-up play while Moors almost took a seventh minute lead when ex-Reds midfielder Kyle Storer got the ball in the area and fired narrowly wide.

Luke Young saw a long range free-kick saved by goalkeeper Ryan Boot but Moors broke when Theo Vassell gave the ball away and Adam's Rooney effort was gathered by Rob Lainton.

Both sides were creating half chances, Jamie Reckord failing to hit the target on the turn for Wrexham who also countered from a Moors corner as Adi Yussuf played in Jarvis but his shot was saved by Boot.

However, Moors took the lead in the 39th minute.

Cameron Coxe's pull back fell into the path of Joe Sbarra whose deflected shot beat Lainton.

Solihull also had the first chance of the second half with Jamey Osborne's low drive saved by Lainton.

The next goal in the game was going to crucial and Moors extended their lead on 59 minutes.

Durrell made a clumsy challenge on Mitch Hancox in the area and Rooney despatched the penalty.

Just three minutes later and Moors made it 3-0.

Substitute Cameron Archer, who had only just come, raced onto a through ball and slotted past Lainton.

Moors kept pressing and Lainton pulled off a good save to deny Archer but Wrexham conceded a fourth goal after 76 minutes.

The Reds gave the ball away and Callum Mayock fed James Ball who was allowed to cross to Sbarra and the midfielder converted his second goal of the game.

Moors had a late goal disallowed and only a superb Lainton save from Archer stopped Moors from making it 5-0.

Solihull Moors (3-4-2-1): Boot; Williams, Howe (Piggott 68), Hancox; Coxe, Storer, Maycock, Cranston; Osbourne (Ball 68), Sbarra; Rooney (Archer 60). Subs: Ward, Clayton, Miccio, Shergill.

Wrexham (4-1-4-1): Lainton; Horsfield (Hall-Johnson 73), Kelleher, Vassell, Reckord; Davies; Durrell, Harris, Young, Jarvis (Thomas 64); Yussuf. Subs: Dibble, Cleworth.

Referee: Martin Woods.