CAPTAIN James Parsons scored a second successive hat-trick as he helped the Deeside Dragons to a comfortable 10-0 win over Blackburn Hawks 2.

Fresh from scoring three in last week’s feisty 8-4 win over their fierce league rivals, Telford Tigers, Parsons bagged another treble this time around against a winless Blackburn side.

Matthew Wainwright found the net twice, while the rest of the goals were spread out evenly between Chris Keating, James Shaw, Simon Furnival, Charlie Spridgeon, and Billy Perks to complete the rout.

The win keeps the Flintshire club in sixth place, albeit now just four points off the Sheffield Senators who are fifth.

Blackburn Hawks 2 had conceded 295 times in their 23 fixtures before this, but the Dragons failed to find a breakthrough until the second period of the game at the Deeside Leisure Centre.

Dominic Alexander Jolly made 21 saves to keep his former side out in the opening 20 minutes, but he was finally beaten just 35 seconds after the restart when Parsons set up Keating to put the hosts ahead.

That goal opened the floodgates as the home side doubled their advantage just seconds later when Spridgeon combined with Shaw for the 21-year-old to slot home.

Despite being shorthanded, Deeside had a third two minutes later as Gavin Austin helped Simon Furnival on to the scoresheet.

Parsons then got his first goal of the game 20 seconds later as a result of some good work between Karl Bacon and James Shaw to make it 4-0 to the home side.

The Dragons had a fifth on the half hour mark as Billy Perks and Chris Jones combined to set up Matthew Wainwright to find the net.

Following that ten minute blitz, where Deeside sored five times, there was another period of frustration as the Hawks kept out the hosts for the next 17 minutes.

It wasn’t until the 48th minute that the Dragons went 6-0 up as Charlie Spridgeon finally found a way past a stubborn Blackburn defence.

Five minutes later, Spridgeon helped Perks find the net to make it 7-0, before Chris Keating claimed an assist for Parsons’ second goal two minutes later.

There was still time for Wainwright to score his second three minutes from the end, and for Parsons to seal his hat-trick in the final minute following a move involving Simon Furnival and Chris Keating.

Reflecting on the win, Deeside Dragons player coach, Marc Lovell, said: “In the first period we were quite poor because we were doing things that we wouldn’t usually do.

“That was a bit frustrating, but we had a good start to the second period where we got our goals and then it slowed down from there.

“It was 10 in the end, but it could have been more if we’d taken some more of our chances.

“The play-of spots are out of our reach now I think, but we want to finish the season strongly just for yourselves. We’ve beaten Telford and now Blackburn and want to take that into our double header with Sheffield.”

Elsewhere in the Laidler Conference, Widnes Wild claimed a dramatic 5-4 win in Bradford before beating the Bulldogs again a day later with a 5-2 home win.

Altrincham Aces stay second after a 6-4 victory at home to Sheffield, while league leaders Hull Jets won 5-2 in Telford.