WREXHAM produced a superb performance as they beat Harrogate Town 2-0 at Wetherby Road to register their first ever win on a 3G pitch.

The Reds made it back to back victories for just the second time this season, building on the 3-0 success over Woking the previous weekend to give the fight against relegation another boost.

It was backs to the wall stuff in the first half for Dean Keates' side but they defended brilliantly and led thanks to a stunning free-kick by James Jennings.

Wrexham, enjoying more possession, made sure of the win in the second half with JJ Hooper scoring to complete an excellent day for the Reds.

It was no surprise to see Keates name an unchanged side after Wrexham produced arguably their best performance of the season when they beat Woking.

The Reds boss did alter things on the substitutes bench where there was a place for new signing Jordan Ponticelli, the striker joining on loan from Coventry until the end of the season.

He was joined by Devonte Redmond and Max Cleworth, with the trio replacing Tyler Reid and Omari Patrick who have completed loan spells at The Racecourse, and Jason Oswell as replacements.

Harrogate went straight at Wrexham from the kick-off but the Reds countered and created a second minute chance with Hooper's shot comfortably saved by Belshaw.

In-form Town weren't lacking confidence and kept Wrexham pinned back following a good spell of pressure, a scramble in the box leading to Jon Stead's effort gathered by keeper Rob Lainton.

But Wrexham weathered the storm and took an 11th minute lead after Dan Jarvis won a free-kick.

Jennings took it and his stunning 25 yard effort found the top corner.

Harrogate were quickly back on the front foot and Jack Diamond's drive was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Rob Lainton for a corner from which Warren Burrell headed against the post, with Shaun Pearson managing to beat Stead to the loose ball to clear the danger.

It was all Harrogate and Lainton pulled off another vital save to deny Stead while a fierce goalbound shot by Josh Falkingham was blocked by Jake Lawlor.

Emmett's shot across goal was deflected out for a corner with Connor Hall ready to pounce but Wrexham ended the first half strongly and almost doubled their lead.

The Reds broke and Luke Summerfield fed Hooper whose 20 yard half-volley was tipped behind by Belshaw, and Pearson's header from Luke Young's corner was pushed away by Belshaw.

Wrexham made a bright start to the second half with Summerfield, Hooper and Jarvis combining but Hall got a crucial touch to prevent a cross reaching Paul Rutherford.

With the Reds seeing more of the ball after the break, Hooper and Rutherford were both denied by Belshaw before Jack Muldoon headed wide for the hosts.

Wrexham needed the cushion of a second goal and Young's low drive was gathered by Belshaw.

But the Reds doubled their lead in the 72nd minute.

Hooper won the ball, cut inside from the right hand side and ran at goal before slotting past Belshaw.

Brendan Kiernan went close for Harrogate but Wrexham substitute Ponticelli almost scored in added time after latching onto Lainton's clearance, his chip falling wide.

However, Wrexham were good value for their win.

Harrogate: (4-4-2): Belshaw; Bradley, Hall, Smith, Burrell; Emmett (Harratt 70), Falkingham, Kerry, Diamond; Muldoon (Kiernan 78), Stead. Subs: Gallacher, Thomson, Cracknell.

Wrexham: (3-4-3): Lainton; Lawlor, Pearson, Kennedy; Carrington, Summerfield, Young, Jennings; Rutherford, Hooper (Ponticelli 86), Jarvis (Keillor-Dunn 68). Subs: Dibble, Cleworth, Redmond.

Attendance: 2415 (619 from Wrexham).