WREXHAM head coach Alan Jenkins hailed his side’s ability to play and expansive game as they eased to a 49-0 thrashing of Bangor, writes Jack Harrison

The easy Division Two victory at Bryn Estyn Lane put Wrexham four points off top spot and Jenkins said: “I’m really pleased with how we played today.

“We worked really hard this week on trying to go wide early and I felt we did that very well, with our wingers scoring five tries between them.

“We defended really well and didn’t give them any real opportunities at all.”

The hosts dominated the early exchanges and were soon in front as John Gill crossed the whitewash for an unconverted score.

Scott Leckie then continued his fine scoring form this term as he dotted down in the corner.

Wrexham had a lot of success in the wide channels and soon had their third try as winger Bailey Rae scored for the hosts.

Leckie then got his second and secured Wrexham’s bonus point midway through the first half.

The second half was much of the same as Wrexham broke from deep inside their own half allowing Rae to get his second try.

Owen Weston scored and Jacob Hughes took over kicking duties and was successful with his first attempt to make the score 32-0.

Captain Mike Moore then dived over from close range after some good work from veteran, Keir Harding, who was called into the squad at the last minute. Hughes converted again.

Fly-half Sam Rogers then got onto the scoresheet and Rae then bagged his hat-trick as he finished well with an acrobatic effort in the corner.

COBRA after four points clear of Wrexham at the top after an impressive 32-22 win at Llanidloes while Welshpool won 29-17 at AbergelE..

In the third round of the WRU Bowl, Dolgellau needed extra time to get a 36-29 victory at Rhymney while Ebbw Vale were 33-17 victors over Colwyn Bay.

In the second round of the Plate, Seven Sisters won 31-16 at Bala, Pwllheli came out 23-18 winners at Birchgrove, Cilfynydd beat last year’s finalists Nant Conwy 38-14, Glamorgan Wanderers eased past Denbigh 54-7, Llandudno hammered Maesteg Celtic 50-5 and Resolven beat Caernarfon 36-14.

Shotton Steel made light work of Anglesey side Menai Bridge as they claimed a comprehensive 41-5 victory from their Division Three clash.

Played at Shotton’s new John Summers ground, the hosts ran in seven tries.

Dave Connolly’s men dominated from the outset as tries from Huw Sargeant and Shaun Kemp opened up a 10-0 advantage early on, before Steve Garratt’s smart finish made it 15-0 at the interval.

The second half followed a familiar pattern as Rich Smith crossed between the posts for a converted score, before further tries from Karl Rusowicz, Smith and Billy Forrester put them 44-0 ahead. A late Menai score was no more than a consolation.

Pwllheli seconds went top of Division Three after a 26-19 win at Rhos, whose tries came from Jason Davies Nicky Cooper and Dan Roberts

Flint eased past Mold seconds 45-7, Llangefni seconds beat Benllech 38-12.

In the only Seconds League game, Bala floored Flint 78-25.