AN ELECTRICAL fault has been blamed for causing a van to burst into flames in Wrexham on Friday evening.

The incident happened shortly after 5pm on Garden Road in Rhosddu and North Wales Fire and Rescue Service (NWFRS) sent one appliance to the scene.

A spokesman for NWFRS said: "The fire was caused by an electrical fault in the cabin by the battery and resulted in 100% damage." 

Firefighters successfully extinguished the fire and were able to leave the scene shortly before 6pm and nobody was reported as being hurt.

Video and images courtesy of @Tasaio_Khan / Twitter

Update to follow