A VAN burst into flames just yards away from a petrol station forecourt in Flintshire. 

The incident occurred next to the Spar garage on Chester Road in Flint at about 10pm on Monday. 

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said one appliance attended the blaze, which was caused by an electrical fault. 

Video courtesy of Sebastian

Thankfully, there are no reports of injuries and the fire was extuinguished before spreading to the nearby petrol station and surrounding properties. 

Worried residents posted on social media about the blaze. 

One person said: "I live on the corner house, it was really worrying I thought my house was going to go up."

Another added: "Next to petrol station, that could have ended up on another level."