A POLICE investigation into county lines drugs supply in Caia Park has seen a man brought before the courts for supplying class A substances.

Samuel Prandle, of Pentre Gwyn in Wrexham, was produced in custody at Wrexham Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning.

The 24-year-old admitted that between October 20 and December 5 this year in Wrexham, he was concerned in supplying crack cocaine and heroin to numerous persons.

Prosecutor Rhian Jackson told the court that the defendant's arrest had come about as part of an intelligence-led operation in partnership with Merseyside Police into the use of mobile phones by defendants to supply class A drugs.

Ms Jackson said police attention had turned to Caia Park after it became suspected that county lines were in use in the area.

Prandle's phone was seized and messages found on it related to the supply of drugs - with the defendant using phrases including "active with both."

The court heard the phrase refers to crack cocaine and heroin, of which "the defendant is a supplier."

When he was arrested yesterday (Tuesday, December 5), he was found to be in possession of drugs which were "packaged and ready to be sold on."

Ms Jackson invited the court to send the defendant up to the crown court for sentence, explaining the powers of the Magistrates court would not be sufficient for a defendant facing a likely sentence totalling "years, not months."

She also asked the Magistrates to remand Prandle in custody until the next court date, as he was likely to offend on bail and fail to surrender to the custody of the court.


Alex MacKenzie, defending, told the court: "I agree, this matter should be committed and I make no application for bail.

The Leader:

"He is subject to post-sentence supervision and I am sure an update from the probation service would be helpful."

The Magistrates concluded that the offences were "far too serious" to be dealt with in the lower court given the length of Prandle's likely sentence.

The defendant was remanded in custody and will next appear at Mold Crown Court on January 4 to be sentenced.