A FUNDRAISER has been launched for a young mum and her two children after a devastating fire at their home. 

The Leader reported that the house in Rhosddu was badly damaged during the blaze - which was started accidentally by a candle on Saturday evening.

The property has for the last six months been home to Chloe Rowley, aged 24, and her two children, aged one and five. 

Thankfully, they were out at the time the fire started - and no other local residents were harmed in the incident.

But all their clothes have suffered smoke damage, and Chloe says the downstairs of the house "is basically gone". 

A GoFundMe page has been set up to raise money for Chloe and her children after the incident. To donate to it, please visit https://bit.ly/3iUiwfR.

Chloe said: "I’m heartbroken and absolutely devastated - you never think that something like this will happen to you. 

"We were gone an hour, so just goes to show how quickly things can happen. I’m just glad the babies and I weren’t in bed sleeping when all this happend as things would be so much different - items can be replaced but my two babies can’t."

She added: "The support I’ve had off the community and strangers has been absolutely amazing and I can’t thank them all enough."

The Leader: