Park users in Wrexham have been warned about green algae in one of its most popular lakes.

Green algae can develop during warm summers, and unfortunately, the Parc Acton lake often has a tendency to get it.

Algae can be toxic to humans and animals when swallowing or if it comes in contact with the skin, so Wrexham council is advising people not to enter the lake, nor allow their animals to go to the water either.

Warning signs have posted in the park to let the public know, but the algae are usually cleared as the weather cools in the autumn.