WREXHAM'S first game as National League leaders ended in a 3-1 victory against Eastleigh at The Silverlake Stadium.

The win made it five matches unbeaten and although Wrexham conceded their first goal of the season, it was a comfortable first ever victory away at Eastleigh.

Sam Ricketts named an unchanged starting XI for the first time this season and he also selected the same substitute bench that featured in the midweek win at Maidenhead.

Early pressure led to Wrexham going close through Rekeil Pyke after forcing two corners in quick succession, but the Reds went 1-0 up in the eighth minute.

Luke Summerfield whipped in a teasing cross from the left and Manny Smith steered the ball past goalkeeper Graham Stack.

Wrexham went onto double their lead after 13 minutes with Summerfield again playing a key role.

The midfielder delivered another free-kick into the danger zone and Alex Wynter's looping header sailed over Stack into the net.

Wrexham continued to press and although Jordan Maguire-Drew was unable to take a chance that came his way, the ball reached Akil Wright who fired wide.

As much as Wrexham looked a threat going forward, the Reds' defending was superb as Eastleigh were denied any scoring chances.

The game went quiet but Wrexham were not sitting on their lead and Mike Fondop's header from James Jennings' cross was saved by Stack with the last chance of the first half.

Wrexham made a lively start to the second period and Jordan Maguire-Drew, who scored a stunning goal in the midweek win at Maidenhead, struck the crossbar with a 25-yard free-kick.

Maguire-Drew was set up by Paul Rutherford but failed to hit the target from a good position while Ricketts made his first change in the 61st minute with Nicky Deverdics replacing Paul Rutherford.

Just three minutes later and Eastleigh were reduced to 10 men, substitute Andrew Boyce receiving his second yellow card following a second foul in quick succession on Fondop.

Eastleigh gave themselves a lifeline by pulling a goal back on 68 minutes.

Paul McCallum turned on the edge of the area and fired past Mike Lainton who conceded his first goal of the season.

Chris Holroyd was sent on in place of Maguire-Drew but the goal had given Eastleigh a lift and Lainton saved from Reda Johnson.

Stuart Beavon took over from Pyke and immediately set up Fondop who shot across the face of goal.

Wrexham needed a third goal to make the game safe and it arrived eight minutes from time.

Fondop ran at goal and held off the challenge of Johnson before shooting past Stack to make it four goals in five matches.

Eastleigh weren't finished and Johnson struck the bar but Wrexham deserved their win.

Eastleigh (4-3-3): Stack; Hare, Wynter, Johnson, Green; Hollands (Gobern 62), Miley, Yeates; Zebroski (Boyce 46), Williamson (Constable 75), McCallum. Subs not used: Flitney, Dennett.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Lainton; Carrington, M Smith, Pearson, Jennings; Rutherford (Deverdics 61), Wright, Summerfield; Maguire-Drew (Holroyd 70), Fondop, Pyke (Beavon 75). Subs not used: Dibble, Tharme.

Referee: Carl Brook,