WREXHAM maintained their unbeaten start to the National League campaign with a 3-0 victory over Boreham Wood at The Racecourse.

The visitors, who reached the play-off final last term, enjoyed the majority of the possession but Wrexham took three of their chances to make it seven points from a possible nine.

Reds boss Sam Ricketts made one change from the side that drew 0-0 against Fylde in the previous outing.

Stuart Beavon returned to the starting line-up in the three-man attack, replacing Paul Rutherford who dropped to the substitutes bench.

It was Beavon who had the first chance of the game with less than two minutes on the clock, the striker's glancing header from Mike Fondop's cross drifting wide.

Wrexham quickly faded following that bright start and Boreham Wood had an even better opportunity when Danny Woodards' ball into the area reached Justin Shaibu who fired over with only Rob Lainton to beat.

Boreham Wood dominated play with Wrexham getting pushed back far too easily, Joshua Umerah heading into the ground and over the bar from Kieran Murtagh's corner.

Wrexham had been second best but managed to take the lead against the run of play after 26 minutes.

James Jennings whipped in a superb cross from the left and Jordan Maguire-Drew's header found the net off the post.

Boreham Wood almost equalised immediately, Umerah seizing on Luke Summerfield's poor header but his effort was brilliantly saved by Lainton.

Ricketts was forced into a change in the 38th minute when Luke Young hobbled off injured and was replaced by Rutherford.

Umerah and Femi Ilesanmi both failed to hit the target before the break as Wrexham remained on the back foot with the visitors the better side in the first half but unable to take their chances.

Mark Carrington replaced Kevin Roberts for the start of the second half and a flowing move from the Reds ended with Maguire-Drew firing over.

Lainton came to Wrexham's rescue to deny Shaibu who was put clear one-on-one while Rekeil Pyke took over from Beavon on 57 minutes.

Tom Champion's header was cleared off the line by Summerfield and Lainton pulled off another save from Umerah as Boreham Wood continued to have the upper hand.

Maguire-Drew won Wrexham's first free-kick of the game on 63 minutes and saw his free-kick saved by goalkeeper Ellery Balcombe.

However, Wrexham made it 2-0 four minutes later.

Shaun Pearson's header from Maguire-Drew's corner was cleared off the line by Manny Parry, a goalmouth scramble ensued and Pyke prodded the ball over the line.

Boreham Wood refused to throw in the towel and Ricky Shakes struck the crossbar while at the other end, Fondop ran at goal but failed to pick out Maguire-Drew who was in a better position and the chance went begging.

But Wrexham scored a third goal five minutes from time.

Summerfield played in Pyke whose cross was headed home by Fondop.

Maguire-Drew's late shot was tipped behind by Balcombe but Wrexham had already done enough.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Lainton; Roberts (Carrington 46), Manny Smith, Pearson, Jennings; Young (Rutherford 38), Wright, Summerfield; Maguire-Drew, Fondop, Beavon (Pyke 57). Subs not used: Dibble, Tharme.

Boreham Wood (3-5-2): Balcombe; Champion, Stephens, Parry; Woodards (Shakes 51), Ricketts, Balanta, Murtagh, Ilesanmi; Shaibu (Ash 78), Umerah (Smith 78). Subs not used: Fyfield, Thomas.

Referee: Joe Johnson.

Attendance: 4,356.