WREXHAM suffered a 1-0 defeat against fellow strugglers Aldershot Town at The Recreation Ground.

Both teams had chances to clinch three points but Aldershot scored an injury-time winner.

It means under-fire Reds' boss Bryan Hughes has now seen his side go seven league games without a victory.

The starting line-up showed two changes from the side that drew against Sutton the previous weekend.

Adam Barton came into the midfield for a rare start in place of Luke Summerfield and Jason Oswell was preferred to Ben Tollitt.

Oswell lined up as the central striker, meaning Mark Harris switched to the flank.

The first chance fell to Aldershot who counter-attacked and saw Ethan Chislett's drive blocked by Christian Dibble.

Wrexham responded with Akil Wright teeing up Harris who brought a comfortable save out of Mitch Walker and Shaun Pearson headed over from Luke Young's corner.

The Reds almost took the lead in the 27th minute following a neat move that finished with Mark Carrington crossing to the back post and Wright's header was palmed away by Walker.

Harrison Panyiotou's header was deflected narrowly over the bar for Aldershot who also went close when Jack Powell's volley only just cleared the woodwork.

Alefe Santos' shot was deflected wide as Aldershot finished the half strongly and the midfielder also saw another goalbound effort hit a defender and go out for a corner at the start of the second period.

The Shots were on top and Alex Fletcher's header was tipped onto the bar by Dibble but there was a respite as Wrexham countered and Young wasn't far away with a curling shot.

Back came Aldershot and Powell's low free-kick fell narrowly wide but Wrexham had a good chance to take the lead as Young fired over from close range following Carrington's dangerous cross.

James Jennings headed wide from Bobby Grant free-kick and the well-placed left-back planted another header wide following Young's corner.

A superb chance went begging on 80 minutes when Oswell knocked down Jennings cross but Grant lifted the ball over the bar from close range.

Wrexham were indebted to Dibble for keeping them on level terms as the goalkeeper did well to deny Aaron Eyoma with Young clearing the loose ball.

But Aldershot scored the winner in added time as a cross came in from the right and Panyiotou headed home.

Aldershot Town (4-3-3): Walker; Fowler, Hunt, Lyons-Foster, Kinsella; Santos, Powell, Chislett; Shields (Mullings 85), Panyiotou, Fletcher (Eyoma 73). Subs: Whittingham, Kidyiwa, Berkeley-Agyepong.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Dibble; Carrington, Pearson, Chambers, Jennings; Wright (Rutherford 77), Barton (Summerfield 77), Young; Grant, Oswell, Harris (Tollitt 65). Subs: Szczepaniak, Redmond.

Referee: Declan Bourne.

Attendance: 1,673 (206 from Wrexham).