WREXHAM and Harrogate Town will meet in a replay after their FA Cup fourth qualifying round tie finished in a goalless draw.

It was the second stalemate between the National League high-fliers at Wetherby Road in less than a month and the sides will face either other again in a replay at The Racecourse on Tuesday.

Maintaining the promotion challenge is the priority but Reds' boss Sam Ricketts will be hoping to seal victory and clinch a place in the first round.

The starting line-up showed four changes from the side that won at Dagenham the previous weekend as Ricketts elected to make changes for the cup, and he also switched to a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Doug Tharme, Akil Wright, Paul Rutherford and Mike Fondop came in for Jake Lawlor, who was missing through injury, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Stuart Beavon and Rekeil Pyke.

The three strikers were named among the substitutes and with seven substitutes allowed in the cup, and no restrictions on loan players, Scott Burgess and Freddie Hinds were also on the bench.

Wrexham made a bright start with Luke Young firing wide but Harrogate came back strongly and began to dominate.

Joe Leesley's cross fell for George Thomson whose shot was saved by Rob Lainton in the eighth minute and Aaron Williams' follow-up was deflected behind for a corner by Mark Carrington.

Leesley's header from the resulting set-piece taken by Thomson struck the crossbar, and Wrexham had to withstand more pressure as Harrogate forced more corners.

Williams headed just over the bar while Harrogate came even closer to breaking the deadlock on 19 minutes when Wrexham failed to deal with Leesley's corner and Lainton pulled off a fantastic save to keep out a point blank Jordan Thewlis header.

Young had the ball in the back of the net for Wrexham but referee James Oldham had already blown the whistle for a foul by Fondop and the goal was disallowed, and the Reds began to exert themselves on the game after weathering the storm without really creating anything as it remained goalless at the break.

Ricketts made a change for the start of the second half with Pyke replacing Luke Summerfield, who appeared to have picked up a knock.

Wrexham found the net three minutes after restart as Fondop was one on one with James Belshaw and the striker chipped the goalkeeper but the goal was ruled out for offside.

The match was evenly poised and Rutherford beat his marker and crossed to Mark Carrington whose shot was blocked by Kelvin Langmead while Shaun Pearson's headed straight at Belshaw from Luke Young's free-kick.

Beavon came on for Fondop after 69 minutes while Carrington was forced into a smart block to keep out Thomson's effort following a Harrogate breakaway.

Maguire-Drew took over from Tharme in Wrexham's final change nine minutes from time, and another sub Pyke saw a shot saved by Belshaw in the closing minutes.

But Harrogate had an even better chance in added time as Mark Beck headed over from Leesley's cross from close range with only Lainton to beat.

Harrogate Town (4-4-2): Belshaw; Fallowfield, Langmead, Burrell, Kitching; Falkingham, Emmett, Thomson (Agnew 76), Leesley; Thewlis (Beck 67, Williams (Muldoon 67). Subs not used: Cracknell, Howe, Kerry.

Wrexham (4-1-4-1): Lainton; Roberts, Tharme (Maguire-Drew 81), Pearson, Carrington; Walker; Young, Wright, Summerfield (Pyke 46), Rutherford; Fondop (Beavon 69). Subs: Dibble, Burgess, Deverdics, Hinds.

Referee: James Oldham.

Attendance: 1,540.