WREXHAM were left frustrated as 10-man Eastleigh scored an injury time equaliser to secure a 1-1 draw.

Scott Quigley had given Wrexham a 20th minute lead but Eastleigh had been a threat all afternoon, Reds' goalkeeper Chris Dunn making some superb saves.

And Dunn was beaten in the third minute of injury time to deny promotion chasing Wrexham a welcome win.

Eastleigh were quick out of the blocks and Ryan Broom's deflected shot within the opening 40 seconds was tipped over the bar by Dunn.

Dunn was called upon to make another smart save, a free-kick into the area dropped for Chris Zebroski who was thwarted by the Reds' stopper.

Wrexham were dealt a blow in the 17th minute when top scorer Chris Holroyd was forced off injured, Simon Ainge taking over in attack, but Wrexham took the lead three minutes later.

Scott Quigley was brought down in the area by Ryan Cresswell and with regular penalty taker Holroyd absent, Quigley took over spot-kick duties and found the back of the net.

Ainge only just cleared the bar from a tight angle as Wrexham continued to press but Dunn was again needed to keep out Sam Matthews' effort which deflected off James Jennings as Eastleigh countered.

Wrexham were causing a lot of problems going forward and Paul Rutherford failed to get a shot away from an excellent position as Eastleigh cleared the danger.

Eastleigh were putting on the pressure and created another chance just before the break but Paul McCallum's bullet header was brilliantly saved by Dunn who was quickly needed again from the resulting corner.

The hosts made a good start to the second half and Matthews' free-kick was parried by Dunn and McCallum headed another chance over the bar.

Wrexham broke quickly and Quigley elected to try and pick out Rutherford instead of going for goal with only keeper Graham Stack to beat and the chance went begging.

Quigley was off target with another effort but Eastleigh were on top and again went close with McCallum's header.

Wrexham needed a second goal to kill the game off and Rutherford's snap shot was parried by Stack before Nicky Deverdics replaced Kelly on 67 minutes.

Eastleigh's task was immediately made much harder as Andrew Boyce was shown a second yellow card after handing he ball on the ground.

But Dunn was again needed to thwart Andy Yeates as Eastleigh piled on the pressure with Shaun Pearson heading the loose ball away from the danger zone.

Mark Carrington replaced Quigley in the final minute while Deverdics goalbound shot in added time was blocked by a defender.

But Eastleigh grabbed an equaliser in the third minute of injury time.

A corner wasn't cleared and Cresswell bundled the ball home from close range to leave Wrexham with one point when they were so close to all three.

Eastleigh (4-3-3): Stack; Togwell (Williamson 65), Cresswell, Boyce, Wood (Green 82); Matthews, Miley, Broom; Zebroski (Johnson 70), McCallum, Yeates. Subs not used: Flitney, Hollands.

Wrexham (4-4-2): Dunn; Raven, Manny Smith, Pearson, Jennings; Rutherford, Wedgbury, Wright, Kelly (Deverdics 67); Holroyd (Ainge 17), Quigley (Carrington 90). Subs not used: Mackreth, Boden.