WREXHAM will face Eastleigh in the play-offs.

The Reds beat Harrogate Town 2-1 on the final day of the regular season to climb above AFC Fylde into fourth position.

Eastleigh remained seventh and the Spitfires will head to The Racecourse for Thursday's preliminary round tie, with the winners away at Salford City in the semi-finals.

Goals from Jason Oswell - his first for the club - and Nicky Deverdics sealed a fourth win in five games for Bryan Hughes' side.

With the game effectively a dead rubber, Hughes made seven changes from the side that started Monday's defeat at Halifax as he took the opportunity to rest players ahead of the play-offs.

Christian Dibble, Mark Carrington, Doug Tharme, Kemy Agustien, Matty Sargent, Paul Rutherford and Anthony Spyrou came into the team for Rob Lainton, Kieran Kennedy, Shaun Pearson, Luke Young, Akil Wright, Bobby Grant and Chris Holroyd.

It was an end to end start to the game but Harrogate took the lead in the 11th minute after winning the first corner of the contest.

Wrexham failed to deal with Joe Leesley's set-piece and Mark Beck smashed the ball into the net to score against his former club.

The Reds then won their first corner of the game which was taken by Luke Summerfield and Jason Oswell's header was blocked by a defender.

Spyrou's header was comfortably saved by keeper Joe Cracknell after good work on the left by James Jennings and Summerfield's curling effort fell wide as Wrexham sought a way back into the game.

Harrogate responded with Jack Muldoon's shot which was saved by Dibble but Wrexham equalised three minutes before the break following a well worked move.

Rutherford delivered the cross from the by-line and Oswell headed past Cracknell.

Harrogate responded with Beck heading against the crossbar but the visitors were awarded a penalty after Agustien pulled down Muldoon in the area.

However, Town failed to capitalise as Muldoon's spot-kick was brilliantly saved by Dibble and it remained level at the break.

Hughes made a change for the start of the second half with Nicky Deverdics replacing Summerfield, while Roberts did well to block Muldoon's shot and Dibble saved from George Thomson.

An unmarked Muldoon failed to hit the target from a good position as Harrogate created another chance while Oswell's header from Deverdics' free-kick was pushed away by Cracknell at the other end.

Back came Harrogate and Leesley shot narrowly wide while Spyrou's header from Rutherford's cross was deflected wide for Wrexham and Agustien's effort was comfortably saved by Cracknell.

Leesley wasn't far away for Harrogate while Hughes made his second change in the 78th minute with Cole Stockton on for Oswell.

Wrexham took the lead two minutes later.

Carrington played the ball across for Deverdics to run onto and the midfielder slotted past Cracknell.

Jack Thorn replaced Spyrou in Wrexham's final change while Dibble saved Muldoon's header as Harrogate rallied, but the Reds ran out winners.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Dibble; Carrington, Roberts, Tharme, Jennings; Summerfield (Deverdics 46), Agustien, Sargent; Rutherford, Oswell (Stockton 78), Spyrou (Thorn 84). Subs: Simpson, Wright.

Harrogate Town (3-4-3): Cracknell. Lees, Langmead, Kitching; Thomson, Agnew, Woods, Leesley; Williams, Beck, Muldoon. Subs not used: Belshaw, Falkingham, Howe, Burrell, Thewlis.

Referee: Joe Hull.

Attendance: 3,690 (99 from Harrogate).