WREXHAM will definitely be involved in the play-offs after beating Barnet 2-1 at The Hive.

Goals from Akil Wright and substitute Jermaine McGlashan sealed a second successive victory for Bryan Hughes' side who moved up to fourth in the National League.

With three games left, Wrexham will definitely finish in the top seven and now it is case of the Reds finishing as high as possible.

The starting line-up showed one enforced change from the side that won against Braintree the previous weekend.

Centre-back Jake Lawlor, who dislocated his shoulder early in the win and is set to miss the rest of the season, was replaced by Kieran Kennedy.

But there was a place on the substitutes bench for midfielder Luke Summerfield who has been out of action since the end of January with a calf injury.

Craig Robson fired over the bar with the first chance for Barnet after a free-kick was partially cleared and another good move ended with a Coulthirst shot saved by Rob Lainton.

Wrexham immediately countered and Bobby Grant's low drive beat keeper Mark Cousins but struck the inside of the post and rebounded to safety.

Kennedy got a vital touch to prevent Ephron Mason-Clark’s cross from reaching Coulthirst and Dan Sweeney's header from a Medy Elito free-kick was saved by Lainton on the half-hour mark.

It remained goalless at the break but Wrexham took the lead two minutes after the restart.

Kevin Roberts whipped in a cross from the right and Wright rose highest to direct his header past Cousins.

Wrexham sought to build on their lead and Grant's free-kick was parried behind by Cousins for a corner and with the Reds keeping the pressure on, Stuart Beavon struck the post, although the striker was adjudged to be in an offside position.

Substitute Jack Taylor headed wide from Harry Taylor's cross for Barnet but although Wrexham were on control, the hosts levelled after 70 minutes.

Harry Wright sent in a cross and Coulthirst headed past Lainton.

Coulthirst fired over for Barnet before Hughes made his first change on 77 minutes with Jason Oswell replacing Beavon.

It was end to end as both teams pushed for a winner and Jack Taylor brought a comfortable save out of Lainton before Hughes made a double substitution with McGlashan and Summefield replacing Grant and Paul Rutherford.

Wrexham reclaimed the lead with six minutes to go.

Oswell and Chris Holroyd flicked the ball on for McGlashan who lifted the ball over Cousins to score his first Reds goal.

Andre Boucaud just cleared the bar with a long range effort for Barnet but Wrexham held on for victory.

Barnet (3-4-3): Cousins; Sweeney (Jack Taylor 55), Santos, Reyholds; Harry Taylor, Robson, Boucaud, Johnson; Mason-Clark (Fonguck 83), Coulthirst, Elito (Tarpey 64). Subs not used: Matrevics, Alexander.

Wrexham (4-3-3): Lainton; Roberts, Kennedy, Pearson, Carrington; Rutherford (Summerfield 83), Young, Wright; Grant (McGlashan 83), Beavon (Oswell 77), Holroyd. Subs: Dibble, Summerfield, Jennings, Oswell.

Referee: Tom Reeves.

Attendance: 1,594 (425 from Wrexham).