WREXHAM produced one of their worst performances of the season as they suffered another defeat at Bromley.

The highflying Reds went into the game at Hayes Lane knowing victory would leave them just one point behind leaders Leyton Orient.

But a woeful first half performance, when Wreham conceded twice, left Graham Barrow's facing an uphill challenge and one they couldn't recover from.

Mid-table Bromley, with three successive wins under their belt, were by bar the better side in the opening period and thoroughly deserved their lead.

The hosts were dangerous going forward and offered a lot more in the final third than Wrexham who once again struggled to create chances all evening.

It was a flat performance from Wrexham were suffered a third league defeat in a row - the Reds failed to score in that spell - and will need to be a lot better if they are going to maintain the promotion challenge.

Barrow had been busy adding to his squad in the days before the trip to Bromley and both new signings - Jason Oswell and fellow striker Cole Stockton - were available after international clearance was received.

Oswell, who has joined on an 18 month contract from Morecambe, was named in the starting XI with Stockton, on loan until the end of the season, named among the substitutes.

The starting line-up showed two changes from the side that lost against Dover on Saturday with Akil Wright and Oswell replacing Brad Walker, who has returned to Crewe after completing a successful loan spell but could still return to The Racecourse, and Stuart Beavon.

Both sides cancelled each other out in the opening exchanges with the first chance falling to Bromley in the 10th minute, Frankie Raymond's shot saved by Rob Lainton after a corner was only partially cleared.

Wrexham came even closer with their first sight of goal as Bobby Grant struck the top of the crossbar with a powerful drive from just outside the area.

But Bromley took the lead in the 21st after winning a corner.

Raymond delivered the set-piece to the far post and Marc-Anthony Okoye headed home from six yards.

Frankie Sutherland cleared the bar with another Bromley effort and Jack Holland failed to keep a header down from another corner for the hosts.

Another opportunity arrived for Bromley as the ball fell in the area to Holland who was thwarted by Lainton, and a JJ Hooper header only just cleared the bar as Wrexham were kept on the defensive but the striker was in an offside position.

Bromley had been on top and doubled their lead one minute before the break.

Adam Mekki got down the right and his pass found George Porter who fired past Lainton.

Wrexham had been second best and it was no surprise to see Barrow make a double substitution for the start of the second half with Ben Tollitt and Stockton replacing Wright and Paul Rutherford.

Good link-up play led to Luke Young firing over the bar as Wrexham went straight at Bromley after the restart but it was about all the Reds had to show for their efforts as Bromley held firm.

The Ravens were hold sitting back on their lead neither and Porter brought a save out of Lainton.

Rekeil Pyke, back from injury, came on for Oswell in Wrexham's final change on 71 minutes and Grant, who felt he should have been awarded a penalty, won a corner from which the Reds almost pulled a goal back.

Shaun Pearson met Summerfield's delivery but the Wrexham captain's header was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by keeper David Gregory, who had been a virtual spectator.

Hooper's header was saved by Lainton at the other end while Wrexham saw Stockton fail to hit the target in thc closing minutes.

Sub Omar Bugeil should have made it 3-0 but he shot over with only Lainton to beat but Bromley had done enough and Wrexham were left to rue another poor display.