WREXHAM coach Alan Jenkins challenged his players to bounce back following their damaging 22-12 defeat at COBRA, writes Jack Harrison.

Wrexham missed the chance to go top the North Wales League Division Two table as they slipped to defeat in muddy Meifod.

Jenkins said: “I thought we were the better side first half and we looked really good in parts. Fair play to COBRA, they came out second half and probably deserved it.

“There’s still a lot of games to play starting with Welshpool next week so we’ll train hard and hopefully get the result we want next weekend.”

The hosts came out firing and after keeping the ball well and with pressure mounting, Aled Humphreys was judged to have just got the ball on the dotted line and the try was awarded.

Wrexham began to take control with Ed Evans taking advantage of some brilliant work from Matt Whiteley to dive over, Sam Rogers converted.

The visitors were camped deep in COBRA territory and eventually took the lead after a wonderful cross field kick by Rogers landed perfectly in the corner for Bailey Rae to dot down with inches to spare.

The deficit was reduced just before the break as COBRA fly half Rhodri Davies slotted a penalty to make the score 12-10 to the visitors.

Davies then got the first score of the second half as he revived the ball of the back of a maul and dived over in the corner, conversion unsuccessful.

An arm wrestle ensued with both sides seeming to create chances but neither making the most of them.

COBRA’s Richard Jones pounced on a bouncing ball and raced over through the despairing tackles to clinch the victory..

Newtown beat Bangor 40-7, Nant Conwy seconds beat Abergele 34-14, Dolgellau won 43-5 at Welshpool and Rhyl beat Colwyn Bay 27-12.

Llandudno and Pwllheli continued their unbeaten runs with 45-10 and 20-12 wins over Denbigh and Nant Conwy, Bala won 51-5 at Bro Ffestiniog, Ruthin won 21-9 at Llangefni and Caernarfon won at Mold 32-11.

Rhos made it two wins on the bounce in Division Three.

It took a weaving run from flanker Mark Hughes to set them on their way to a 29-19 win at Mold Seconds.

Full back Eithan Bishop outflanked the home defence before Mold pulled back a try to make it 12-12 at the break.

Bishop finished off a fine three-quarter move to put Rhos on top and Hughes then scored his second when he forced his way over from a ruck.

Mike Evans Jones kicked three conversions and a penalty.

Flint took the bragging rights in their derby clash at Shotton Steel, as the visitors recorded a 27-24 bonus point victory courtesy of tries from Ryan Jones, Mitch Martin, Sam Richmond and Connor Kendrick.

Dave Connolly’s Steelmen side remain top of the division despite falling to successive league defeats, while Flint climbed to fifth.

Elsewhere, Menai Bridge beat Holyhead 16-13 and Pwllheli seconds saw off Llangefni seconds 48-5.