RGC enhanced their Principality Premiership claims with a convincing 66-3 triumph over Neath.

Both sides found it difficult in the early stages, but the Gogs managed to get their noses in-front on seven minutes when Danny Cross despatched a penalty.

The visitors made life difficult for themselves with a number of reckless tackles, which resulted in a yellow card for Jon Barley and a red for Ryan Thomas.

This provoked Mark Jones’ men into life and they notched their first try of the contest on 33 minutes when Dan Owen rounded off an impressive team move to cross the white wash. Cross added the extras.

There was further cause for celebration when Robin Williams touched down after a surging run from Tim Grey on 35 minutes, with Cross once again firing over the conversion.

After the break saw the All Blacks get their first points on the board courtesy of an Ed Howley penalty on 47 minutes, but the Gogs immediately resumed their dominance and sealed the points on 59 minutes when Andrew Williams crashed over under the posts, with Jacob Botica adding the extras.

Another outstanding break saw former Wales U18 international Owen notch his second of the clash on 74 minutes, and a rampant spell brought another score on 75 when Harri Evans went over thanks to a blistering run from Tiaan Loots. Botica successfully kicked both conversions.

Dion Jones put the exclamation point on proceedings after fine approach play from Evans on 76 minutes for the hosts, and there was still time for more tries from Tom Hughes, Afon Bagshaw and Jones in the closing stages. Botica fired over all four extra point attempts to round off a sensational day at the office for the home side in what was their biggest victory in recent memory.

RGC 66 – 3 Neath

RGC: Tries: D Owen (33’, 74’), R Williams (35’), A Williams (59’), H Evans (75’), D Jones (76’, 84’), T Hughes (79’), A Bagshaw (82’). Conversions: D Cross (33’, 35’), J Botica (59’, 74’, 75’, 76’, 79’, 82’, 84’). Penalties: D Cross (7’).

Neath: Penalties: E Howley (47’)