NIALL MCGUINNESS agreed that Flint Town United got off to almost the perfect start to the season as they thumped Porthmadog 5-1.

New signings Alex Titchener (2) and Nathan Brown helped Flint race into a three-goal lead inside 26 minutes, before Andy Brown and Mark Cadwallader added numbers four and five in the final quarter.

McGuinness wants an improvement in-front of goal from his Silkmen this term, and his players suggested he has nothing to worry about.

"It was a good start," said McGuinness, who was without striker Danny Andrews for the tie. "We wanted to improve going forward and we certainly did that.

"It showed why we've brought the players we have to the club and it was great to see our front three and number 10 get on the scoresheet.

"The way we set up caused Porthmadog problems and what we did proved to be very effective, we were 3-0 up after 26 minutes.

"I thought it was going to be a bit more competitive, because they are a good club with good players even with the change in manager, but we were very good."

It was almost the perfect performance because the Silkmen allowed Porthmadog to score a consolation through substitute Sion Parry.

"I would have liked to have kept a clean sheet," said McGuinness. "It was a goal that was preventable and that's something we will look at during the week."

Airbus were equally comfortable as they cruised to a 4-0 home success over Llanfair United.

Only an own goal from Gethin Stephens separated the teams at the break, but the Wingmakers made the most of their supremacy after the restart as Steve Tomassen, Alex Darlington and new signing Matty Sargent found the net.

"It was a comfortable afternoon," said Airbus assistant boss Andrew Thomas. "It was a good game for us to get minutes into the players.

"We controlled the whole game from start to finish and we could have had a few more goals.

"It was a good performance and leaves us in good shape ahead of the first game of the Cymru Premier season against Bala on Friday."

Sargent, 18, has penned a loan move to the Airfield from Wrexham until January, and Thomas was pleased to get the midfielder in ahead of the cup clash.

"The move only happened late last week, so it was good to get Matty in and get him used to the lads in the squad."