Holywell Town boss John Haseldin hailed another 'massive' result for his side following their 3-1 victory at Denbigh Town.

With their Cymru Alliance status on the line in the run-in, the Wellmen produced another convincing display at Central Park to heap more pressure on their relegation-threatened rivals.

After Saturday's crucial home win against Bangor City, Holywell collected another three points courtesy of first-half goals from Matty Hughes and Mark Winslade, and a stunning third from Zebb Edwards after the break.

The result saw the visitors move to within a point of Denbigh on a pivotal night in the battle for league survival.

Haseldin said: "It was a massive victory and we were well worth it based on our performance on the night.

"I thought it was important that the players didn't build the game up too much in their heads beforehand, so I just tried to keep things pretty relaxed in the build-up.

"We knew Denbigh had the worst disciplinary record in the league and we told the players to keep their heads and not get dragged into any unnecessary situations that might see the game boil over.

"Credit to the lads, who've stuck to the game plan brilliantly and to Zebb who's scored a nail-on goal of the season to wrap things up for us."

After a bright start from the visitors, the breakthrough arrived on 20 minutes when Hughes headed home from Edwards' inswinging free-kick into the Denbigh box.

The hosts pushed hard for a leveller but were unable to find a way past Mike Platt in the Holywell goal.

Instead it was Haseldin's side who grabbed a second goal when Denbigh's Miles Todd felled Ketley in the box and the Wellmen striker dusted himself down to drive the spot-kick beyond Town stopper Craig Vernon.

A further Ketley strike was then ruled out for offside before the hosts reduced arrears on the cup of half-time when Kristian Pierce netted from the penalty spot after a foul by Tony Roebuck.

That goal failed to inspire a Denbigh comeback, however, with Edwards putting the game beyond them on 54 minutes with an outrageous strike from his own half that sailed over the backtracking Vernon and into the net.

Denbigh's woes were compounded soon after when substitute Harley Steele was sent off soon afterwards, with Holywell comfortably closing out the win.

Elsewhere on Tuesday night, Penrhyncoch did their survival chances no harm with a 3-1 win at Bangor while Guilsfield were 2-0 winners at home to Ruthin Town.