A DISAPPOINTING second-half showing proved Cefn Druids undoing as they were beaten 3-0 at Cardiff Met.

Defenders Neil Ashton and Aaron Simpson were passed fit for visiting Druids, who went in at the break all-square after a stop-start opening 45 minutes.

But the Ancients ran out of steam in the second period as Cardiff Met scored twice inside three minutes through Adam Roscrow and Harry Owen.

Eliot Evans added number three 20 minutes from time.

Druids’ chances of finishing as high up the league as possible could be helped by a possible points deduction for Carmarthen.

The Old Gold have been deemed to have played David Vincent in the 2-0 victory over Llanelli on New Year’s Day when he was suspended after picking up five cautions.

If found guilty - the Old Gold can appeal the decision - then Neil Smothers’ side will be deducted three points and fined.

A statement on the league's website read: “Carmarthen were charged with a Disciplinary Offence as set out under FAW Rule 38.1.2, for the alleged breach of Rule 18 of the Welsh Premier League Rules 2018/19 for playing an ineligible player.

“The panel found the charge against Carmarthen to be proven, and as a result the club will be deducted three points from their record, and fined £250.

“Carmarthen have until the close of business on February 18, 2019 to lodge an appeal against this decision.”

Carmarthen’s weekend only got worse as they were beaten 3-1 by basement outfit Llandudno, who saw ex-Wrexham youngster George Harry score twice.

Aberystwyth Town collected a 4-2 win at Llanelli, who were undone by three goals in six first-half minutes.

After a goalless initial 40 minutes the game burst into life as Paolo Mendes, Wes Baynes and Geoff Kellaway scored before the break for Aberystwyth.

Kellaway added his second and the visitors’ fourth in between Llanelli replies from Joe Clarke and Joe Hunt.

At the other end of the table, The New Saints kept up the pressure on leaders Connah’s Quay with a 5-0 home success over Newtown.

Ryan Brobbel and Jack Bodenham scored in the first-half for Saints, before Jamie Mullan and a brace from substitute Greg Draper wrapped up a comfortable night’s work for the hosts.

Bala Town’s trip to title challenging Barry Town United was abandoned due to floodlight failure as a result of a fire in the control room at Jenner Park.

Striker Steve Tames had just handed Bala the lead when the lights went out.