PONTBLYDDYN beat the rain but they’ll be kicking themselves for not causing one of the shocks of the season at new North Wales League leaders Menai Bridge.

In one of only three games to go ahead as the wet weather wiped out most of the action, Pont had their hosts on the back foot in a reduced 25 overs Premier Division contest on Anglesey.

Menai were skittled out for 110 with only Luke Jones (28) offering any real resistance.

Opening bowler Chris Moss performed well, taking 2-33 but it was Harry Williams (3-33) and Jamie Hughes (4-14) that put Pont, who had invited the home side to bat first, in control.

And at 74 for five, they looked on course to win.

But Sean O’Callaghan had other ideas and his 3-27 was key as the visitors lost their last five wickets for just seven runs.

Dave Foulkes top scored with 20 in Pont’s 81 but it was Menai who grabbed the win and they are now eight points clear at the top.

Just down the coast at Llandudno, bottom club Connah’s Quay made the trip home down the A55 wondering what might have been at Llandudno.

Martin Burger’s side had Llandudno struggling at 61 for four but an unbeaten 33 from Matthew Lambe saw the hosts home to a five wicket win as they chased Quay’s 112.

A 65 run eight wicket partnership between Josh Clarke (36) and Rob Downey (28 not out) gave Quay hope after Burger had hit 28.

But despite 2-31 from Scott Adams, Llandudno reached 113 for five to leave Quay rock bottom and 33 points adrift of the safety zone.

Mold made the trip to Ruthin worthwhile with a seven wicket win that lifted them to third place.

John Crane starred for Mold taking 3-31 in an opening spell as well as a catch and a run-out as the hosts were dismissed for 79.

Fellow opening bowler Keith Embleton took 2-15 while Richard Crane mopped up the lower order with 3-18.

Michael Parton top scored for Ruthin with 25 while Richard Deniz’s 31 was the highlight of Mold’s replay of 82 for three.

The only other game to beat the weather was in Division Three where Carmel Seconds made the long trip to Pwllheli Seconds.

Carmel were going well at 57 for one after opener Johnathan Fisher had fired 27 but the collapsed to 75 all out.

Pwllheli only just got over the line,reaching 76 for nine as Dafydd Timothy bagged three wickets.