Chester Under 19s are the National League Alliance Cup champions after a dominant 3-0 victory over FC Halifax Town.

Calum McIntyre's Scholars - who have already won their own league after an unbeaten campaign - secured a fully deserved success at the Bescot Stadium, home of League One outfit Walsall, as goals from Lloyd Marsh-Hughes, Cain Noble's penalty and Iwan Murray ensured the Blues claimed the trophy they craved.

Roared on by well over 300 Blues supporters, McIntyre's teenagers produced an excellent display which fully merited victory.

Murray’s twinkle toes on the byline saw him cross for Noble on five minutes but his header was saved at the second attempt by Shaymen keeper Jack Atkinson.

Just three minutes later and Atkinson was called into action once more to deny Dion Jones from five yards who headed low into the ground but the keeper saved well with his feet.

Chester grabbed a deserved lead on 15 minutes as Marsh-Hughes span past the defence, raced towards goal and fired low underneath Atkinson after great work from Rhain Hellawell to regain possession 30 yards out.

Alex Downes tried an outrageous volley from 25 yards which was deflected behind before the impressive Murray forced Atkinson into tipping his 45-yard free-kick over the bar.

Murray was at the heart of everything good about Chester’s attacking play and his neat skill on halfway helped set Marsh-Hughes clear, and his cutback found Noble who saw his effort well blocked by Jack Knight.

A rare Halifax attack on 26 minutes saw Ousman Cham’s threatening cross turned away by Chester keeper Ben Gale before Liam Healey’s wild strike flew well wide of the upright.

George Glover was cautioned on 36 minutes for leaving his foot in on Kai Wallis in a nasty incident, before Murray fluffed a good chance to double the lead before the break.

It was a scrappy start to the second-half but Chester doubled their lead on the hour mark courtesy of Noble’s well-taken penalty.

Marsh-Hughes danced past three defenders in the box and was brought down by a robust tackle by Jay Benn. Noble calmly slotted the spot kick home from 12 yards and sent the travelling support wild.

Halifax felt aggrieved just three minutes later as Sam Clayton headed home a yard out but Blues keeper Gale was adjudged to have been pushed in the build-up.

Noble nearly bagged a second with 11 minutes remaining as his flicked header went narrowly wide from Louis Hayes' cross, before Marsh-Hughes' effort flashed wide from 18 yards out.

The Blues made it 3-0 in stoppage time as Murray capped a fine individual display with a left-footed drive into the bottom corner to ensure the trophy would be heading back up the M6 to the Deva.

Chester: Gale, Thomson, Jones, Wallis, Dobson, Hellawell, Noble, Marsh-Hughes, Murray, Hayes (Hardman 90); Subs: Crilly, Cottrell, Jones, Kendrick.

Halifax: Atkinson, Benn, Glover (Abioyo 79), Knight, Clayton, Moloney, Swales, Healey, Sunderland (Adile 86), Besic, Cham (Anku 53); Subs: Rushworth, O’Regan.

Goals: Marsh-Hughes 15, Noble 60 (pen), Murray 90+3

MOTM: Iwan Murray

Attendance: 415

Referee: Richard Gardner – 7/10