LUKE YOUNG says Wrexham need to take Sunday's FA Trophy final defeat "on the chin" and be raring to go when they resume the promotion challenge.

Phil Parkinson's side produced a lack-lustre display against Bromley in the Wembley showpiece and suffered a 1-0 defeat.

The Reds are back in action on Saturday against Grimsby Town, who beat Notts County 2-1 in the eliminator tie, in the National League play-off semi-final and captain Young is looking to get the Bromley defeat out on the system by remaining on course for a return to the Football League.

"When you get to the final of a cup competition at Wembley, you want to win it. You are here for a reason and it hurts more than anything," said Young.

"But we have got to take our medicine, we have got to take it on the chin because we have got another game coming up on Saturday.

"A massive one, a really important one, to hopefully take another step closer to achieving what our goal was at the start of the season.

"We have got to dust ourselves down and be ready to really go into Saturday flying, upbeat, and ready to go."

Bromley came out on top with Michael Cheek's 64th minute goal the difference between the sides.

"It was always going to be a tight game, it is the final of a cup competition at the end of the day," said Young.

"Two teams that are going for it and no points at stake, it's who's better on the day.

"Bromley edged it in terms of that bit more quality in the final third and it hurts to lose by the odd goal."

Young felt Wrexham made a good start to the second half without creating any clear cut chances.

After Cheek put Bromley ahead, there was a late rally from the Reds with substitute Jake Hyde bringing an excellent save out of Ravens goalkeeper Ellery Balcombe before the striker had a goal disallowed for offside but the equaliser never came.

"I thought we were on top for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half but you have got to put them to the sword, and try and take your chance when it comes," added Young.

"Although we didn't necessarily have a clear cut chance, we were putting on the pressure and we had to keep doing it.

"Unfortunately one lapse in concentration from everybody, a long ball in behind and a clever bit of play for them to square it, and they put it in the back of the net.

"Credit to the lads, we kept on going but it wasn't meant to be and their keeper pulled off a great save at the end, and we had a goal disallowed for offside.

"We had chances at the end but it just didn't drop for us.