WREXHAM reached the last 16 of the FA Trophy after beating Folkestone Invicta 5-1 at The Racecourse.

Coronavirus restrictions meant supporters weren't present at the fourth round tie but Phil Parkinson's side secured a comfortable win against seventh tier Folkestone, who are among the Isthmian League Premier Division leaders.

Parkinson made two changes from the side that started the 3-1 defeat at Notts County in the last game a fortnight earlier.

Max Cleworth replaced Harry Lennon, who was serving a one-match ban following his red card against the Magpies, in defence and Kwame Thomas came into attack for top scorer Paul Mullin who was rested.

Folkestone, trying to get the ball down and pay football, created the first chance in the eighth minute with Adam Yusuff's shot deflected wide for a corner which came to nothing.

Jordan Davies was not far away with a right footed shot for Wrexham after Hall-Johnson's cross was partially cleared while James Jones went even closer to breaking the deadlock as his drive was palmed away by goalkeeper Tim Roberts.

The visitors thought they'd taken the lead after Kieron McCann raced onto Matt Newman's pass over the top and he skimmed the top of the crossbar after lofting the ball over advancing Reds keeper Rob Lainton.

But Wrexham went 1-0 ahead in the 30th minute.

Ben Tozer sent in a cross and Thomas' header was parried by Roberts but Jordan Ponticelli was on hand to tap the ball into the empty net.

Jordan Davies saw his free-kick comfortably saved by Roberts and as the action swung from end to end, David Smith tested Lainton before both teams had strong claims for a penalty in the space of a minute at the end of the opening period.

Wrexham were straight on the attack when the action resumed and Thomas headed over the bar from Davies' cross before Ponticelli was denied by Roberts and the striker was unable to find the net with the loose ball following a scramble.

But the Reds made it 2-0 after 51 minutes.

A good move ended with Hall-Johnson putting in a low cross that was converted by Ponticelli.

Wrexham were in complete control and hungry for more goals.

Davies ran unchallenged and found Hall-Johnson who fired off target and Thomas had a goal disallowed for offside after Roberts spilled Luke Young's shot.

The third goal arrived on 72 minutes;

Young delivered a corner and Davies found the net with a powerful header.

However, Folkestone pulled a goal back immediately through Yussuf who found the bottom corner from the edge of the area.

Wrexham regained their three-goal lead in the 77th minute.

Davies and Cleworth linked up well before the latter pulled the ball back from the by-line and Bryce Hosannah fired past Roberts.

Just two minutes later it was 5-1 as Thomas bundled the ball home from close range.

There was more opportunities for Wrexham as Ponticelli, on a hat-trick, failed to hit the target and substitute Dior Angus was denied by Roberts, but the Reds are in the hat for the next round.

Wrexham (5-3-2): Lainton, Hall-Johnson, Hayden, Tozer, Cleworth, Hosannah; James Jones (Jarvis 86), Young, Davies (McAlinden 83); Ponticelli, Thomas (Angus 79). Subs not used: Dibble, Green, French, Bickerstaff.

Folkestone Invicta (4-3-3): Roberts; Vincent, Newman, Davies, Paxman; Johnson (Draycott 60), Heard, Dolan; Yusuff, Smith (Freeman 88), McCann (Wright 66). Subs not used: Collins, Everitt, Atherton.

Virtual Attendance: 1,510.