WREXHAM were unable to register a third successive National League win as the Reds were held to a goalless draw by Wealdstone at The Racecourse.

Phil Parkinson's side had scored 11 goals during back-to-back away victories against King's Lynn and Aldershot but they drew a blank as they struggled to break down a stubborn Stones defence.

The draw leaves Wrexham ninth in the table heading into Tuesday's clash at Halifax Town.

Parkinson made one change from the side that won 6-2 at King's Lynn the previous weekend with goalkeeper Rob Lainton returning in goal following a head injury, taking over from Christian Dibble who was named among the substitutes.

There was also a place on the bench for striker Jake Hyde after recovering from injury.

Wrexham made the early running and had the first sight of goal in the sixth minute but Paul Mullen's goalbound header was cleared off the line by a defender after Wealdstone struggled to deal with Ben Tozer's long throw-in.

Mullin also saw a shot from outside the area saved by goalkeeper George Wickens as the Reds continued to dominate possession.

Wealdstone created an opening but striker Rhys Browne's effort lacked power and was comfortably saved by Lainton before Wrexham went close as captain Luke Young's low drive fizzed inches wide.

Wrexham then enjoyed a good spell where Wickens kept the visitors in the game.

The Wealdstone goalkeeper made a tremendous save to keep out Aaron Hayden's header from Jordan Davies' free-kick and when the resulting corner wasn't cleared, the stopper did well to turn Young's corner behind.

The series of corners continued with Tozer's header brilliantly tipper over by Wickens while Davies' free-kick flew wide with the Reds' last chance of the first half.

Lainton palmed Charlie Cooper's free-kick away when the action resumed while Wrexham responded with Mullin's free-kick which was tipped over by Wickens.

Wealdstone striker Joshua Umerah should have done better when he failed to hit the target with a good chance while Hyde was just unable to connect with Mullin's low drive across goal.

Wrexham had a good opportunity to snatch victory three minutes from time when Mullin was put through on goal by Hyde but the striker fired over the bar and it finished all square.

Wrexham (5-4-1): Lainton; Hall-Johnson, Hayden, Tozer, Lennon, Hosannah (Green 46); James Jones (Jarvis 73), Young, Davies, Mullin; Ponticelli (Hyde 65). Subs not used: Dibble, Brisley.

Wealdstone (5-3-2): Wickens; Tavares (Okimo 54), McAvoy, Cook, Mundle- Smith, Sweeney; Cooper, Dyer, Charles; Browne (Bird 80), Umerah. Subs not used: Buse, Jackson, Dronfield.

Attendance: 8,592 (194 from Wealdstone)