IT was take two and Wrexham didn't disappoint on their second instalment with Aldershot Town.

Wrexham were well in control of the original fixture on October 2 and leading 2-0 when the match was abandoned after 51 minutes because of a waterlogged Recreation Ground pitch.

The game had to be re-arranged and Wrexham got the victory they deserved at the first time of asking as Phil Parkinson's side triumphed 5-0 in the rematch.

Second from bottom Aldershot haven't won at home all season and when Wrexham made a strong finish to the first half by taking a two-goal lead, the result was never really in question.

Wrexham put three more goals past the struggling Shots in the second period to complete the biggest win of the season and climb up to ninth position in the National League.

The Reds will aim to make it back to back league wins for the first time this season when they head to King's Lynn - another side struggling at the wrong end of the table - on Saturday.

Parkinson made four changes from the side that started Saturday's 2-1 FA Cup first round defeat against Harrogate Town but he kept faith with the 4-5-1 formation he adopted at Wetherby Road.

Right wing-back Reece Hall-Johnson, a second half substitute at the weekend, was handed his first start since the opening day draw at Solihull Moors after recovering from a groin injury in place of Tyler French while Bryce Hosannah was preferred to Cameron Green on the opposite flank.

Centre-back Harry Lennon took over from Shaun Brisley and the final change saw Dan Jarvis come into the midfield for his first start of the season with Liam McAlinden stepping down.

Wrexham had the first sight of goal in the sixth minute with Ben Tozer heading over the bar from Luke Young's free-kick.

There was a scare for the Reds when Rob Lainton was left grounded with a head injury after going to collect the ball under the challenge of Corey Andrews but thankfully the goalkeeper was able to continue following an extended stoppage.

The Reds saw a lot of the ball when the action resumed and Hall-Johnson could not keep his shot down and Jordan Davies' effort from just outside the area fell wide but although he was fouled as he shaped to shoot, the midfielder was unable to make the most of the free-kick that was awarded.

However, Wrexham took a 1-0 lead in the 40th minute.

Tozer launched his customary long throw-in into the danger zone and it was headed home by Aaron Hayden.

Just three minutes later and the Reds doubled their advantage.

James Jones' volley was turned onto the bar by Hayden and Lennon was on hand to put the ball into the net.

Wrexham's superb spell continued as Jordan Ponticelli was put through on goal but the striker was denied by keeper Laurie Walker.

Christian Dibble replaced Lainton for the start of the second half and Wrexham scored their third goal after 58 minutes.

The two wing-backs combined as Hosannah crossed from the by-line and Hall-Johnson slotted past Walker.

Dibble pulled off a fine double save to deny Andrews and Mo Sylla but it got even better as Wrexham made it 4-0 in the 61st minute.

Jones picked out Ponticelli with a telling pass and the striker found the top corner with a brilliant finish from the edge of the area.

Wrexham weren't finished as it became 5-0 after 67 minutes with Tozer's cross met by the head of Davies giving Walker no chance.

Aldershot hadn't given up and Lyons-Foster headed against the bar but Wrexham were simply too good for the home side and got the win they deserved last month.

Aldershot Town (4-3-3): Walker; Oxlade-Chamberlain (Whittingham 46), Lyons-Foster, Jordan, Kinsella; Vennings, Wagstaff, Sylla (Willard 69); Glover, Andrews, Ndjoli (Berkeley-Agyepong 61). Subs not used: Walker, Gorman.

Wrexham (4-5-1): Lainton (Dibble 46); Hall-Johnson (Green 68), Hayden, Tozer, Lennon, Hosannah; James Jones, Young, Davies, Jarvis; Ponticelli (Angus 79). Subs not used: Brisley, McAlinden.

Attendance: 1,639 (247 from Wrexham).