WREXHAM produced a fantastic comeback to win 3-2 at Boreham Wood and climb up to fifth in the National League.

Two-nil down at the break following a poor first-half, the Reds were much better in the second period.

Dean Keates' side scored three times to secure victory which extends the unbeaten run to seven games.

There are just three matches left for Wrexham in the race for a play-off spot, with the Reds next in action at home to top-seven rivals Notts County on Tuesday night.

Keates made one change from the side that secured a resounding 3-0 win over Yeovil the previous weekend.

Jay Harris failed to recover from a leg injury that forced the midfielder off against the Glovers so Paul Rutherford came back into the starting XI.

Wrexham had the first sight of goal in the fifth minute but Fiacre Kelleher's shot from outside the area never threatened the target.

The Wood had an even better chance when Kabongo Tshimanga raced onto Keiran Murtagh's through ball but fired wide from a tight angle.

With the home side having the upper hand, Kane Smith's drive into the danger zone fell for Tshimanga whose shot was blocked, but the Wood took an 18th minute lead.

Femi Ilesanmi's cross reached fellow wing-back Smith whose shot found the bottom corner of the net.

The Wood were more of an attacking threat and Corey Whitely brought a save out of Rob Lainton, but the chances dried up with Wrexham going close just before the break when Jordan Davies wasn't far away with a curling free-kick.

But Wrexham conceded a second goal in the 45th minute, Murtagh threading a pass through to Tshimanga who beat Lainton with a low drive.

Keates responded by making a double substitution for the second period, Jordan Ponticelli and Dan Jarvis replacing Gold Omotayo and Rutherford respectively.

Ponticelli immediately saw a shot deflected wide and with Wrexham making a bright start to the half, Jarvis played in Cameron Green who cut the ball back for Reece Hall-Johnson and his effort fell wide.

However, Wrexham were back in the game after reducing the deficit on the hour mark.

Davies sent in a cross from the by-line and Hall-Johnson slotted past Nathan Ashmore.

The Wood found themselves down to 10 men on 74 minutes when defender Tom Champion was shown a second yellow card following a foul on Luke Young.

Hall-Johnson's header from Young's resulting free-kick was brilliantly saved by Ashmore while Wrexham kept the pressure on with a couple of shots from range which failed to trouble the Wood goal.

But the Reds levelled three minutes from time.

Hall-Johnson delivered a cross from the right and Ponticelli's header across goal found the net.

And Wrexham went ahead in the 89th minute.

Jarvis crossed from the left and Hall-Johnson headed past Ashmore to secure maximum points.

Boreham Wood (3-5-2): Ashmore; Champion, Fyfield, Pearce; Smith, Ricketts, Murtagh (Stephens 87), Mafuta, Ilesanmi; Tshimanga, Whitely. Subs not used: Green, Woodards, Marsh, Jallow.

Wrexham (3-5-2): Lainton; Kelleher, Pearson, Vassell; Hall-Johnson, Rutherford (Jarvis 46), Young, Davies, Green; Omotayo (Ponticelli 46), Angus. Subs not used: Dibble, French, Marsh-Brown.