WREXHAM'S six game unbeaten run came to an end as they were well beaten at Aldershot.

Dean Keates' side lost 3-0 against Aldershot Town at The Recreation Ground with the Reds totally losing their way once they conceded the first goal midway through the first half.

Two more goals after the break condemned Wrexham to defeat following an awful performance.

Keates made one change from the side that started Tuesday's win against Woking with James Horsfield coming into the Reds' midfield in place of Dan Jarvis.

Wrexham made a bright start and had the first chance after six minutes but Kwame Thomas' header from Reece Hall-Johnson's cross was saved by goalkeeper Mitch Walker.

The Reds went route one for their next opportunity as Christian Dibble's long clearance fell for Dior Angus whose header was tipped over the bar by Walker.

Tyler French failed to hit the target with a header from Luke Young's free-kick as Wrexham continued to press and Hall-Johnson's shot was comfortably saved by Walker after Mark Carrington's cross was flicked on.

But despite making all the running, Wrexham went behind against the run of play in the 26th minute following Aldershot's first sight of goal.

Dibble failed to take Alfy Whittingham's cross and Joel Nouble capitalised on the mistake to slot home.

Jordan Davies' low drive fell wide for Wrexham who had faded after showing early promise and Dibble pulled off a good save to deny Chike Kandi at the other end while the Reds' goalkeeper also did well to deny Ricky Miller.

It remained 1-0 at the break but Aldershot doubled their lead two minutes into the second half.

Nouble was given far much much space on the edge of the area and his shot deflected off Mark Carrington past a wrong footed Dibble.

It left Wrexham with a mountain to climb and Young's free-kick was gathered by Walker while Kandi fired wide from a good position for the Shots.

Keates made a double change in the 64th minute with Elliott Durrell and Jarvis replacing Hall-Johnson and Horsfield.

However, Aldershot made it 3-0 after Miller's shot was tipped around the post by Dibble.

The corner came back out to Nouble who cut the ball back from the by-line and Jermaine Anderson converted from close range.

That was it for Wrexham who saw Angus have a shot saved by Walker who did well to thwart Jarvis before Angus fired over.

Durrell also struck the crossbar but Wrexham were well beaten in the end.

Aldershot (4-3-3): Walker; Whittingham, Sendles-White, Shroll; Rees, Rowe, Anderson; Kandi (Panayiotou 56), Miller (Bettamer 73), Nouble (Edser 78). Subs: Hall, Gillela.

Wrexham (3-4-1-2): Dibble; French, Kelleher, Carrington; Hall-Johnson (Durrell 64), Horsfield (Jarvis 64), Davies (Ponticelli 80), Reckord; Young; Angus, Thomas. Subs: Rutherford, Redmond.