WHAT a day for Wrexham supporters!

The Reds won 2-1 against Altrincham in a game that was switched to FC United of Manchester's Broadhurst Park's ground and it was announced after the final whistle that the takeover of the club has been completed.

Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have been confirmed as the new owners at The Racecourse and fans can look forward to an exciting future under the actors.

On the pitch, victory over Altrincham took Wrexham up to seventh position so it was fitting that the Reds marked another monumental day in the club's history with three points that leaves the Reds in a play-off position.

Manager Dean Keates made one change from the side that drew with Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday.

Tyler French completed a one-match ban against the Daggers so he returned to the back-three with Dan Jarvis missing out.

Jordan Davies, a makeshift centre-back at the weekend due to the Reds' boss being short of defenders, switched back to a midfield role vacated by Jarvis.

James Horsfield was also available and named on the substitutes bench after serving a one-game suspension of his own, but Rob Lainton, Shaun Pearson and Theo Vassell were still injured.

It was even start to the game but Altrincham had two shots from outside the area in the opening 10 minutes that Christian Dibble had to deal with.

A little more than a minute was on the clock when Dibble saved Alistair Smith's effort and the Reds' goalkeeper also did well to tip Andy White's shot over the bar.

Wrexham were again indebted to Dibble for keeping out Altrincham as he made a crucial block to deny Byron Harrison who was put through on goal by Smith.

The action quickly switched to the other end and Dior Angus failed to get good contact on a Jamie Reckord cross and the chance went begging.

However, Wrexham then went close to taking the lead following a good move.

Davies ran at goal and fed Reece Hall-Johnson who crossed to the far post where Kwame Thomas headed against the post, and Reckord's follow-up was blocked by a defender.

Angus fired wide as the Reds continued to press and Reckord's 25 yard drive was saved by keeper Tony Thompson.

Back came Altrincham and Ryan Colclough was the next to be thwarted by Dibble but Wrexham broke the deadlock in the 36th minute.

The ball was worked out to Hall-Johnson whose cross from the by-line was converted from close range by Thomas.

It was nearly 2-0 just before the interval as Luke Young's brilliant curling free-kick hit the post with Thompson rooted to the spot.

However, Altrincham levelled six minutes into the second half as Colclough found the net with a stunning strike from 25 yards that found the top corner of the net.

Buoyed by the goal, Altrincham put pressure on Wrexham who managed to break and a Thomas effort was deflected wide for a corner.

And from the flag-kick delivered by Young, Wrexham took a 2-1 lead after 67 minutes as Thomas headed home.

Dibble was again needed to make a save to deny Matty Kosylo while Josh Hancock fired wide.

Hall-Johnson went for goal instead of passing to a Wrexham team-mate but couldn't keep his shot down while Joe Piggott was denied by Dibble at the other end.

Wrexham conceded a late equaliser against Dagenham but there was no sucker punch as the Reds held on for victory.

Altrincham (4-2-3-1): Thompson; Senior, Sutton (Ceesay 76), Hannigan, White; Smith, Mullarkey; Kosylo, Hancock, Colclough; Harrison (Piggott 74). Subs: Densmore, Peers, Richman.

Wrexham (3-5-2): Dibble; French, Kelleher, Carrington; Hall-Johnson, Davies, Harris, Young, Reckord; Angus, Thomas. Subs: Horsfield, Redmond, Durrell, Rutherford, Jarvis.